This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Chief's New and innovative stuff

Besides what you may have found in "The Quarter", What was the greatest thing you saw at IAFC?

For me it was TFT's 500 GPM @ 100PSI 1 3/4 pistol grip and Sutphen's 110'Platform.

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: ricky ]

Back to the top

Comment

FYI, the TFT nozzle, a great tool for departments that really want to flow some major handline water, is approximately 500 GPM at 45-50 PSI, not 100 PSI.

The nozzle pressure of 500GPM at 100 PSI would knock you off your feet! 45-50 PSI is much more manageable.

This nozzle does everything the greatly touted Vindicator does and then some more!
      Glenn Usdin, Fire Chief
      Lancaster Township FD, PA

Comment

I enjoyed some of the new save-your-own tools available... THe one that really impressed me was a bag containing fifty feet of rope and a d-ring. The package is designed to strap onto an SCBA pack. When you need to bail attach the D-Ring to a fixed object and jump. It will slow your fall and if needed you can slow or speed up descent.

I also loved the safety orange Pierce Pumper..

Comment

Chief 66

Have you had the chance to use the Vindicator? We use them at my department and everyone loves them.

Comment

Chief 66

I was wondering are you involved in nozzle sales in any way?

Comment

Dear OCA68,

What's your name and what department are you from and what do you do for a living?

My information is is posted on my profile.

Anonymous folks who won't post their names...what's the point if you won't identify yourself.

BTW, I didn't start this topic, how come you didn't ask the person who started the post?

Your point is................?
              Glenn Usdin, Fire Chief
              Lancaster Township FD, PA

Comment

"This nozzle does everything the greatly touted Vindicator does and then some more!"

If you haven't used the Vindicator how can you HONESTLY make such a claim?

"What's your name and what department are you from and what do you do for a living?"

I am a paid on call firefighter and have been for over 9 years. I am also a salesman for fire equipment and am able to sell TFT, Elkhart, Akron and Vindicators.

"My information is posted on my profile."

I keep my information confidential because in order to speak my opinion, since I'm not the President of the company like yourself, I have to be guarded because sometimes my employer and the manufacturers we represent don't like to hear the truth.

"Anonymous folks who won't post their names...what's the point if you won't identify yourself."

I think my explanation is self-explanatory. Besides, you have a right to your opinion just as much as I have a right to confidentiality.

"BTW, I didn't start this topic, how come you didn't ask the person who started the post?"

They didn't make an unfounded claim comparing one brand to another. The other reason is I know you sell Fire Equipment and Trucks yet many others do not.

"Your point is................?"

My point is this. You post as a Chief, voice your opinions about a product you like, while making unfounded claims that it does more than something you have never used and the whole time your doing that, you sell the very brand your supporting. I guess if you would have let everyone know that your in the fire equipment business and fire truck sales up front there would have been no questions from me. I simple think its wrong for a person to not tell everyone that they sell a certain item that they are supporting on these forums.
                Its kind of like the guy from England who goes on about TFT nozzles and how great they are, while the whole time he is involved in the sales of them.

God bless and Stay Safe

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X