This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Disaster plans

I need anyone out there that has disaster plans of any type to send me a copy of them. I need these plans because I am currently developing an all-hazzard plan for our city and fire department. Thanks for your help.

Your state division of emergency management should have a "boiler plate" type plan that you can use to format your basic plan from.

Borrowing someone elses plan may not help you much. The planning process is really where you learn where your deficiencies in disaster mgmt. are... The actualy written plan will just end up collecting dust on a shelf somewhere.

A true disaster is bigger than your fire, police, or EMS depts. You will need information from all city depts, including public works, accounting, public information, health dept, etc...You will also need to get info from the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and any other groups in your area that provide services in a disaster. Contact neighboring departments and cities to check on additional mutual aid...not just for fire, police, and ems, but also for public works, administrative positions, etc...

And don't forget about the private sector. Make emergency contracts w/ companies that provide heavy machinery, building supplies, lighting equipment, etc....cutting through the red-tape prior to the disaster will make the actual event a lot easier to deal with.

Comment

I will check with my state EOC. Thanks for the info.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X