This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Up At Bloody Scenes

Looking for department's SOPs on how to clean up from certain accident scenes. After EMS takes the patient and leaves a few pints of blood on the pavement, does your department have a policy to remove or clean the blood?

I've already heard some interesting supplies...

- Turk II

WE don't have a policy and it is up the PD to request for an engine to come back to the scene after their invest is over. We usually know which one's we will be going back to so we just toss a couple of gallons of bleach on the truck in anticipation of the upcoming request. If the blood don't come up with the bleach, 140psi on the 1 3/4" hose line, and 500 gals of water, we don't do much more than that. We did have the cities street sweeper come out once and they weren't real happy about what was going into the truck (like they know on a regular basis anyway). I don't know if there is a clean up crew available like after haz-mat spills or not. To my knowledge we don't do anything inside of residential or commercial properties. But that's another day and I'm sure one day we will get that call.

Comment

At least in NJ, there are a number of start up companies doing this type of clean up. They are making a ton of money. Most people wouldn't want to clean up after a suicide or a bloody accident. So they hire someone else to do it. Most of these companies are run by ex-cops.
      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X