X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paramedic testing

Hello all,
    The reason this post is in this section in Forums is for this reason: I am a Paid FF and have just finished Paramedic school. After my certification I get a pay increase to reflect becoming a FF/Medic.
    The problem is this. Myself and all my classmates finished our required clinical hours only to find out that we can not test on our scheduled date. The reason, because our state decided that it would be a great idea to change the way they view clinical hours for Paramedic students. Hours no longer apply only skills do. The skills set forth are imposible to attain. Of the 100+ students enrolled in the class throughout the state, over 50% can't test on the date we thought we could. Something is wrong with this picture. We now have to wait 3 extra months to test. Which means, for me, money I won't see on my pay check!!!!! Let me know out there if this is only a problem here or if you are experiencing it elsewhere.

Signed, I give up!

I am attending the School of EMS in Cleveland, I am having some of the same problems, they have started to teach the new Dot. regulations for paramedic, problem being that the books and workbooks and tests were not published in time for the class, the teachers are teaching the way they have for the last 25 years and it is just not working, we have lost Many students over things like tests with test questions that were not covered in the class and that are not in the new text, we have also run in to a problem with clinical hours, they cant give a strait answer on just how many hours its going to take to sit for the registry, so after MANY frustrating hours of studying for tests that we are unable to study for and after watching Many students fail out of class over tests that are not up to standard, I would NOT recommend THE SCHOOL OF EMS of the CLEVELAND CLINIC to anyone not even my worst Enemy until they can fix the problem's that they are having.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse