This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR's

Does your Dept have Jr's and if so do you like haveing Jr's on the truck with you?

I think Jrs are good. They can help around the fire scene with little things so that the firefighters are not tyed up doing those things like hitting the hydrant or helping in another way. Just my opinion

Comment

all tho im a jr, i think there a great idea. getting teens interested in something thats helping other ppl and there town they live in. i no it straightend me out i was faling in school and not caring i got into fire fighting and it all changed my grades went up its like i had a second family. i think its a great thing for teens to get involved in. all tho pa has some weird laws theres alot we can do. spend them years out side of the fire observing the fire and hitting it on the outside with a hose. i look at it this way i would love to be in a fire but when im outside i can see what the fires doing and also if u attack from the out side u can also help ur fellow friends while there inside

Comment

I am the only junior member in our station at this time. I am treated just like all of the senior members in our station. I am allowed to run all the calls and have been on numerous working house fires, where i was on the initial attack line. Most of the guys here have respect for the junior members due to the fact that they themselves started as juniors and have worked their way up the ladder. I am even entrusted to preform tasks that other senior members are not allowed to do.
        If you cant take the heat then stay out of my way.

These are my opinions and dont reflect the view of my company.

Comment

I am a JR for about 27 more days and I do a good bit around fire and accident scenes. I can do pretty much everything at a non-entrapment car accident. I have been allowed to drive pretty much all of the trucks AT THE STATION, like pulling out the brush's to wash them, maybe back a truck in, etc. I am going to start driver training for our pumper the week I turn 18. I have been on teh front line for brush fires. Currently, if I arrive early enough to make a truck (I live 4 miles from the station) there is no problem with me riding in the officer's seat, I know pretty much every street in our area and I have no problem with manning the radio etc.
          There are three truths in life:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
          2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
          3. Two Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X