5" LDH - Rubber or Synthetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5" LDH - Rubber or Synthetic

We were awarded through AFG monies to replace all of our 5" hose. Current stock is 25+ year old rubber hose.

We are looking into the newer synthetic hose. There will be locking 5" "Storz" couplings.

What are experiences with the various brands (All American, Key, Mercedes)?

5” has virtually no friction lose, so the biggest factor I would look at would be weight per 100’ section...... lighter is easier to handle and easier on the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctuttle3d View Post
      5” has virtually no friction lose, so the biggest factor I would look at would be weight per 100’ section...... lighter is easier to handle and easier on the truck.
      I agree. Just picked up two lengths of 5" rubber hose from our other station. Definitely a two man lift.

Angus hose (rubber) used to boast that because their hose swelled a bit it was actually lower loss than any other brand, but I haven't heard that lately, and in retrospect, it wouldn't really make a big difference.
      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

We find the synthetic tends to lay flatter a bit flatter. I've not noticed a significant difference in weight, as we use a two man lift every time to reduce injury potential.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X