Relics in my basement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relics in my basement...

In keeping with my threads always having some mention of Turbojets in it...

The platform at my 2nd department had a 1715 Turbojet on it as a spare nozzle, and the selector ring wouldn't go into flush on it. I offered to take it apart and lubricate the inner workings having done a couple of others. The Deputy Chief responded:, "You wanna work on that? Follow me."

So now I have 4 1715's, a 1720(pistol grip), a pair of older SM-20F Select O Matics and a TSM-15F plus shut off. Also was handed two Akron and 2 Elkhart field service kits.

I guess the Deputy wants two good Turbojets out of the 5. The Select O Matics; one SM-20 is in really good shape, the other is pretty rough. I have yet to find any literature from Elkhart of the TSM-15 actually existing.

No good deed and all that...my wife was slightly annoyed when I brought them into the basement...
    Two departments, twice the fun...

Originally posted by MikeG344 View Post
    No good deed and all that...my wife was slightly annoyed when I brought them into the basement...
    If she's annoyed enough not to talk to you, at least you'll be able to work on them in peace... ;-)

Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Be like Peter Griffin and remind her that you don't tell her how to do groceries.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So now I have 4 1715's, a 1720(pistol grip), too big for Sig mcx, a pair of older SM-20F Select O Matics and a TSM-15F plus shut off. Also was handed two Akron and 2 Elkhart field service kits.

I guess the Deputy wants two good Turbojets out of the 5. The Select O Matics; one SM-20 is in really good shape, the other is pretty rough. I have yet to find any literature from Elkhart of the TSM-15 actually existing.
        O Matics Turbojet Works great for me as expected and no leaks.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X