Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How thorough are the background checks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How thorough are the background checks?

    I was in the coast guard for 8 months and received an honorable discharge. The only problem is that the reason for separation is adjustment disorder (due to sea sickness). So im thinking my best bet is just to not list my military history at all. My question is will it show up in a background check?

  • #2
    Do not try to hide anything

    submit the 214 with a letter from you explaining the short service. Plus if you have any military records to back it up. Request your medical records


    besides if you are applying here,,,, we require a copy of your 214

    And complete work history, and account for any gaps



    What is the re-enlistment code on your 214????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fire49 View Post
      Do not try to hide anything

      submit the 214 with a letter from you explaining the short service. Plus if you have any military records to back it up. Request your medical records


      besides if you are applying here,,,, we require a copy of your 214

      And complete work history, and account for any gaps



      What is the re-enlistment code on your 214????
      The code is re-3, not recommended to re-enlist and sep code is adjustment disorder.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BEE1997 View Post

        The code is re-3, not recommended to re-enlist and sep code is adjustment disorder.
        Ok,

        Like I say write up something, so you can submit it, and also when you do an interview, you use the same story.

        Add any military records that support the letter.

        I am thinking it will not hurt you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

        Comment


        • #5
          Whatever you do, don't lie. If you do get in, a lie like this can get you booted years down the line.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fire49 View Post

            Ok,

            Like I say write up something, so you can submit it, and also when you do an interview, you use the same story.

            Add any military records that support the letter.

            I am thinking it will not hurt you.
            I dont have any medical records, so it would just be my word. what could I do to make myself seem more attractive and have this potentially overlooked? ie; paramedic license, degree, fire certs?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BEE1997 View Post

              I dont have any medical records, so it would just be my word. what could I do to make myself seem more attractive and have this potentially overlooked? ie; paramedic license, degree, fire certs?



              Best things is:
              Submit a written statement with the 214, application and also use the same statement if asked in an interview, explaining the situation.

              You are supposed to be able to get our military medical records, and would suggest doing that, if there was anything in them dealing with sea sickness or the discharge.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BEE1997 View Post
                I was in the coast guard for 8 months and received an honorable discharge. The only problem is that the reason for separation is adjustment disorder (due to sea sickness). So im thinking my best bet is just to not list my military history at all. My question is will it show up in a background check?
                Unless you're applying for a job as a firefighter on a fireboat, getting honorably discharged from the Coast Guard doesn't mean a damn thing. It's not like you took out a boat and had alcohol and prostitutes on it...
                Like guys have said, don't hide ANYTHING.

                Comment

                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                Collapse

                Upper 300x250

                Collapse

                Taboola

                Collapse

                Leader

                Collapse
                Working...
                X