Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was getting lost in the pile. Had to bring it back out. Please keep your comments coming. I'm keeping note.

Thanks Guys & Gals
    God Help those who don't improve themselves for the betterment of those who we incharge of..

Comment

sgtdave2002,

All emergency operations personnel, firefighters, E.M.S. and police, must have training to the hazardous materials level that your department has determined (in writing) that they will provide to your community. Most departments will at least provide Operations Level as defined by the EPA or OSHA in 1910.120 SARA Title III.

If this individual is not trained to this level and they are injured at the scene of an incident involving hazardous materials then your department could be in a world of s*%t. This could involve citations and fines from either of the two federal agencies listed above.

Your municipality and officers both line and administrative could be held responsible for allowing them to participate without the required training. This is just the criminal side. There is also the civil side that may hold your officers personally liable for his injuries.

Your department is in for a rude awakening if they don't change their training standards.

As far as driving, that is not something that should be done by an individual that feels that he can participate in fire operations without formal training in the basics of the job.

I understand the need for firefighters, but to sacrifice the level of training and certification necessary to do this job correctly and safely, is not right. If we, firefighters are ever to be considered professionals, career or volunteer we need to demand the most of our personnel and that begins in training.

Just my two cents and that won't even buy one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X