This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO GET STAFFING

I AM A NEW CAPTAIN AT A SMALL VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT. WE RUN 2 ENGINES AND ONE TRUCK. WE HAVE BARELY ENOUGH STAFFING TO FILL ONE ENGINE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY IDEAS TO INCREASE STAFFING LEVELS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Does your department run EMS?
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

Comment

Volunteer or paid staffing?
      The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

Sorry, all volunteer and no ems.

Comment

How many calls does the Department run per year?
          "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
          Chief 1899-1911
          Fire Dept. City of New York

Comment

First, What does the chief think, before you step on his toes ask to have an officers meeting.find out what is your magic number of staff you what and can aford to put in bunker gear.

Remember to staff for daytime as well nighttime, we still have fires at 10 am too.

The best way I have found is word of your mouth. Let ALL your firefighters know that we need warmish bodys in the FD. Have them talk to there frinds and family members.
            Also talk to all diferent people you know. Most people think that every thing at the FD is find unless YOU tell them so. and that person might not join but he might know some body that will...

Capt 12 vol. FD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X