X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Boxes in the private sector?

http://www.firehouse.com/news/2001/8...earnhardt.html

I just read this article on them putting black boxes into NASCAR. I wish they would put them into private vehicles. This way, we could possibly find out what went wrong, why crashes occured. I'm not saying put a voice recorder, but a device measuring forces, speeds, and steering inputs would be good. I advocate anything that may save even a single life. What do you think?
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
    Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

Buy a GM product since, oh, 1999...

Your vehicle is equipped with a crash sensing and diagnostic module, which records information about the air bag system. The module records information about the readiness of the system, when the system commands air bag inflation and driver's safety belt usage at deployment. Some modules also record speed, engine rpm, brake and throttle data.
    http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/...straints2.html
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

You would think that since more people are killed or seariously injured in automoble accidents than in airplanes, that it would be a given. Who would be against it that wouldn't be against them in airplanes? My wifes car is a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. I'm all for the data recorders.
      Just one man's view from the flames.

Comment

If you ask, the manufacturers and police would rather you didn't disconnect the battery on newer cars since it will cause the car's "black box" to lose its memory.
        The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X