Facepiece rash reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facepiece rash reaction?

So for some time now everytime I mask up I've been getting redness that doesn't go away in the shape of the facepiece. At first I thought I was making it too tight but that does not seem to be the case. It sometimes won't go away for 2 weeks. Has anyone been seen anything like this? I've never been known to be allergic to anything. Thankyou.

What's being used to clean the facepieces after use? Perhaps that's where the problem lies.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Something to keep in mind is that people can get sensitized to something that never bothered them before.

Comment

Another thing is, do you wash off right after you wear the face piece? Is it shared with anyone??

Comment

I always wash it. I do sweat with it on. Never share it with anyone. At first I thought I had it on too tight but that's not it. Also happens when I'm wearing it for short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fdnyhopeful7 View Post
            I always wash it. I do sweat with it on. Never share it with anyone. At first I thought I had it on too tight but that's not it. Also happens when I'm wearing it for short amount of time.
            Try laying it on your arm for a bit. If you get a reaction, you've become sensitized to it. Time to visit an allergist.

Comment

When your mask is washed after use is it cleaned with a commercial SCBA mask cleaning agent? Whether a brand specific agent or otherwise. Or are you using Bleach? One thing you might try is more thoroughly rinsing your mask in clean water. Any remaining cleaning agent residue can be an irritant.
              Crazy, but that's how it goes
              Millions of people living as foes
              Maybe it's not too late
              To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader