No announcement yet.

US helmets vs European helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSA - Cairns' just released the XF1 helmet, fully compliant with the US regulations. It's the state of the art in term of fire helmets.
    Last edited by Lukas; 11-05-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukas View Post
      MSA - Cairns' just released the XF1 helmet, fully compliant with the US regulations. It's the state of the art in term of fire helmets.
      Who cares? Buy one if you want to. You'll never convince me in the short time I have left to want one.
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

The F1 series has been the standard in my country for 30 years. I've been wearing the F1SF long enough to love it and I can't wait for my FD to receive the XF1 (overhere it's called the F1XF, with a few variations such as heat deflecting visor and neck curtain).

I by no mean want to "convince" anyone, I think you're capable of assessing what's the best for you. But objectively the XF1 offers the best protection you can think of.

In my FD we also use an alternate helmet, which is the F2 : it's much much lighter, it's dedicated to forest fires and rescue missions.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
          One thing about both, is there is no shield to identify your agency.
          No different from the Metro style combat Tupperware. Most departments just put a big decal on the shell itself.

Comment

Duplicate Post.
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

You can also choose the color of the shell and get a custom front plate.
              Some FD use the color of the shells to identify the rank and function of the personnel. Orange for the troops, yellow for the sub-officers, white for the officers, green for the medical personnel etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Old View Post

No different from the Metro style combat Tupperware. Most departments just put a big decal on the shell itself.
                Actually you can get a Unit identifier shield for a 660 style helmet. We had Leather fronts on ours when I was a CFR firefighter. They attached with Velcro.
                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                Millions of people living as foes
                Maybe it's not too late
                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader