Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

US helmets vs European helmets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US helmets vs European helmets

Anyone know if the European-style helmets are on their way to being NFPA compliant? I was recently at a manufacturers open house and MSA had one on display. I tried it on and loved it over my current helmet (Fire Dex 1910). Before that I had a Cairns 1010 helmet that I loved and was comfy. But Neither of them stays on my head as comfortably as this Euro style. The rep told me he believed they would soon be NFPA compliant. Anyone know?

Nobody know anything?

Comment

I believe that until they can show an NFPA compliance label affixed to the helmet you should keep your money in your wallet. Because what the salesman believes until then don't mean squat.

Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

That does not answer the question though. Does anyone know if this is in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
          That does not answer the question though. Does anyone know if this is in the works?
          Why not ask MSA?
          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I think it answers the question entirely. If the helmet doesn't have an NFPA compliance sticker attached to it what the salesman says doesn't mean Jack Squat.

Contact the manufacturer of the Duck Dodgers of the 25th and 1/2 Century Space helmet you want to buy and ask them if it is NFPA compliant or what the progress is on getting compliance. And after that don't buy it until it has an NFPA compliance sticker attached to it.
            Maybe it's not too late

Comment

I'm sure they will be compliant soon. However the definition of soon depends on who you ask.

In the next 50 years, they will be compliant. It might take 50 years, but that can be seen as soon.

Until it has the sticker, or you read something official form an NFPA source, it isn't compliant, regardless of what a salesman says (whose sole purpose is to sell you the product, so don't believe anything he says about what another agency will be doing "soon')

Being almost compliant, soon to be compliant, or in the works is still not compliant. It's like being pregnant; you either are, or you aren't. there is no in-between. Compliance is the same thing: your items are either compliant, or they aren't. there is no middle ground, despite what the salesman wants you to think.
              If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

MSA is the ones who piqued my interest. They are the ones who were not sure so I asked here.

This is the only NFPA certified Euro-style helmet I have seen. That looks awesome!

https://www.rosenbauer.com/en/svc/ro...ghting-helmets

Comment

MSA is the ones who piqued my interest. They are the ones who were not sure so I asked here.

This is the only NFPA certified Euro-style helmet I have seen. That looks awesome!

https://www.rosenbauer.com/en/svc/ro...ghting-helmets

No accounting for taste I guess.

​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​Add some goggles and you can ride moto-cross.

I'll give you that they probably provide superior protection. But yuck, IMHO they are ugly as ****.

Comment

I don't know how well those visors would work in cold weather, seems like they'd fog up in a second. And I don't think they protect very well on the sides from water coming down over the collar. I wonder how they fit over a mask, not that I really want one...

Comment

I'm pretty sure there has been some Euro style helmets that were NFPA compliant in the past. Look up Gallet? One of our mutual aid FD's got a truckload and outfitted their personnel. Was the funniest thing ever to see them rolling in for the first time. From my third floor window it looked like the crew from Spaceballs were heading in.

Comment

MSA just released the Cairns XF1. Like the Rosenbauers, pricing is comparable to the cost of the traditional style. One thing about both, is there is no shield to identify your agency.

http://us.msasafety.com/xf1firehelmets?locale=EN
                        Last edited by FireEMSPolice; 09-26-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Wear it in good health and safety.

As for me...I'll stay with my traditional helmet.
                          Maybe it's not too late

Comment

One thing about both, is there is no shield to identify your agency.
                            If I was wearing that fugly POS I woudn't want my agency to be identified.

"Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post

If I was wearing that fugly POS I woudn't want my agency to be identified.
                              Now Randy be gentle or you will drive this young lad to a safe space and much needed self esteem recovery time.

Helmet diversity must be allowed...no matter how much others may agree with you.
                              Maybe it's not too late

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader