Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

WEB team, where for art tho?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEB team, where for art tho?

I see it has gotten no better. Mediical marijuana ads in the forums? Really?

I think I saw the team on a milk carton a year or two ago....

Comment

If we talk about medical marijuana, I prefer vaping. By the way, right now you can read the article and find out what dab pen is the best to date. You can talk a lot about marijuana, but it's still the coolest way to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceAround View Post
        If we talk about medical marijuana, I prefer vaping. By the way, right now you can read the article and find out what dab pen is the best to date. You can talk a lot about marijuana, but it's still the coolest way to relax.
        And in today's news of the ironic...

So sad to see the forums like this. Nothing discussed except hiring and the very rare grant post. Back 15 years ago, this place was PHAT, and you could learn a lot. Now you can't post anything without getting jumped on by a bunch of know-it-alls, and what threads there are get crowded out by spam posts about passports and fake ID's.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceAround View Post
          What a moronic post. Vaping ANYTHING is not good for you either.

Comment

In the end vaping anything into your lungs will prove to be as hazardous to your health as smoking was.

On top of that vaping makes you look absolutely ridiculous. Replacing the addiction of smoking with the nicotine based addiction of vaping doesn't seem to really accomplish much other than to fatten the wallets of those selling vaping.
            Crazy, but that's how it goes
            Millions of people living as foes
            Maybe it's not too late
            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
              In the end vaping anything into your lungs will prove to be as hazardous to your health as smoking was.
              I have wondered about the possibility of a vape-type device for delivering albuterol and the like, due to the smaller particles. Aside from that, vaping is just smoking in another form.

Years ago, my late father suffered a heart attack at age 35. This was in the days before stents, bypasses, etc, so he spent two weeks in an oxygen tent and another two weeks in the hospital besides. And he quit, cold turkey, a two-pack-a-day cigarette (unfiltered Pall Malls).

You'd think that after eight years (when he succumbed to a second heart attack) the nicotine part would be over and done, and it probably was. But until the day he died, he never lost the oral habit - lemon drops, gum, LifeSavers - leading me to find a roll of LifeSavers in the pocket of a jacket of his I inherited.

I'm sure that's the case of many vapers - although they'd be better off just sucking their thumb...

Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                I have wondered about the possibility of a vape-type device for delivering albuterol and the like, due to the smaller particles. Aside from that, vaping is just smoking in another form.

Years ago, my late father suffered a heart attack at age 35. This was in the days before stents, bypasses, etc, so he spent two weeks in an oxygen tent and another two weeks in the hospital besides. And he quit, cold turkey, a two-pack-a-day cigarette (unfiltered Pall Malls).

You'd think that after eight years (when he succumbed to a second heart attack) the nicotine part would be over and done, and it probably was. But until the day he died, he never lost the oral habit - lemon drops, gum, LifeSavers - leading me to find a roll of LifeSavers in the pocket of a jacket of his I inherited.

I'm sure that's the case of many vapers - although they'd be better off just sucking their thumb...
                My Dad was a 40 plus year smoker when they found a tumor in his stomach. It was not cancerous or smoking related but when he went into the hospital the doctor asked him if he smoked and my Dad said yes. The doc said not anymore, so while essentially on his death bed he quit cold turkey. He survived losing his stomach but the same habit you speak of never left him. His replacement was root beer barrels. Talk on the phone reach for the front pocket, stand and have a conversation reach for the front pocket, finish a meal reach for the pocket, drive the car reach for the pocket. Root beer barrels replaced the cigarette.
                Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Chronic pain and inflammation are two of the main reason why people turn to CBD for relief. Studies have found that the synergistic effects of full-spectrum CBD are more effective than an isolate when it comes to the treatment of inflammatory conditions. This is why people with autoimmune diseases and chronic conditions find that full spectrum CBD is overall more effective in relieving the inflammation and pain that they experience. Terpenes alone have incredible potential for human health and shouldn?t be disregarded. what is full spectrum cbd oil CBD helps to control nausea by influencing the serotonin receptors. It also reduces the release of serotonin, so there?s less stimulation of the vomiting center found in the brain. The activation of CB2 receptors can also help to prevent nausea and vomiting.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJoeSmith View Post
                    Chronic pain and inflammation are two of the main reason why people turn to CBD for relief. Studies have found that the synergistic effects of full-spectrum CBD are more effective than an isolate when it comes to the treatment of inflammatory conditions. This is why people with autoimmune diseases and chronic conditions find that full spectrum CBD is overall more effective in relieving the inflammation and pain that they experience. Terpenes alone have incredible potential for human health and shouldn?t be disregarded. what is full spectrum cbd oil CBD helps to control nausea by influencing the serotonin receptors. It also reduces the release of serotonin, so there?s less stimulation of the vomiting center found in the brain. The activation of CB2 receptors can also help to prevent nausea and vomiting.
                    Shouldn't your name be Mary Jane? Asking for a friend.

By the way, whether I agree or disagree with what you are saying CBD oil is still illegal in many places.
                    Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Right, wrong, or indifferent, with the federal government classifying marijuana as they have, there has been no long term studies on the use of either the product as a whole, CBD, or other components. Without long term studies, it is impossible to determine the true benefits and detrimental effects of the long term use. While there are some short term studies showing benefits of CBD, other is pure conjecture.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X