This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite leather helmet?

I am trying to get a feel for what the most loved leather out there is. I would assume it's a Cairns brand, but I may not be correct. Also, what are the pluses and negatives of your choice?
    Finally, if anyone might know where I can pick one up, with the least amount of hassle, I would greatly appreciate it.
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
    Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

I saw several on ebay, you might be able to save a few bucks.

I have an N5A NY'r, works fine for me.

Comment

Cairns N5A New Yorker w/ Bourkes.
      "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Cairns N5A... bourkes, pre-ratchet... can't go wrong with it. It's one tough helmet.
        Hey, it's MY opinion, not that of my department or peers.

Comment

Where might I find a Cairn N5A?
          "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
          Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
          Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

Comment

I have a Cairns N5A (goggles added)at one place and a N6A (faceshield removed, Bourkes and goggles installed) at another. I like 'em both.

As for finding one, try www.thefirestore.com. They have every variation you can think of, in any color Cairns/MSA makes.
            My views are, of course, mine alone, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of my station

"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. " ~ Robert Ingersoll

Comment

I hope I am not out here all by myself on this one but I have to say the Paul Conway American Heritage. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
              When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

I have an n6a sam houston. I love it.

Comment

I have a Sam Houston and wouldn't trade it for the world!!

God bless the cow that gave it's life so my head may be safe!!!!
                  Lynn Fernbaugh
                  Washington Fire Co. #1
                  Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
                  www.washies.org

Comment

I'll stay with my pre - skull saver leather new yorker. Light weight and comfortable.
                    With Bourke shields of course

Comment

xenophon13 you are not the only one that has a Conway. I have one too and would not trade it for any other helmet.

Comment

Cairns New Yorker without a doubt....preferably without the ratchet.

Comment

My "brain bucket" is a Cairns Houston N6A, which allowed my to join the FOOLS (Fraternal Order of Leatherheads!) Since I got it, we have been busier! Blessing, curse or coincidence?
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Ill make it three for the Conway. Ive only had it since december but I wouldn't trade it. Leather Forever
                            FDNY never will we forget

Comment

make it four--its real well balanced

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse