Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ambulance used in bombing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnsb View Post

We aren't a war zone YET....
    But it wouldn't take much to make that happen.
    15,000-20,000 Muslims living in Milwaukee....it only takes one to get radicalized...

http://fox6now.com/2016/01/26/fbi-ar...mass-shooting/

I guess WTC didn't kill enough people for you to think that it's a problem that needs to be addressed and not ignored.

We can't kick them out, and we cannot deny them their rights under the law. Most Muslims are probably good people. But many have not assimilated in to American culture, so there is the very distinct problem of radical groups and lone-wolfs committing terrorist acts. If people don't think that we need to keep our eyes open and be aware, then they're just stupid.
    Dude, you are getting sanctimonious and that is a discussion killer. I never said i don't care, and I also mentioned situational awareness and the need to protect myself and my family.

Further your blatantly azzhole comment to me about the deaths on 9/11 means I am done with you. Your idiocy has reached a bounds I no longer wish to deal with. Your military time also does not allow you to be a condescending azzhat to anyone that did not serve.

Have a nice life.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

YOU'D BETTER CARE.

Those same kind of people are HERE, NOW. They're just waiting for the chance.
      You'd also better start paying attention to the news and what's going on. You obviously don't know how many of these terrorist sympathizers are living in the US right now, maybe not far from where you live.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/us/oh...ack/index.html
      https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ne...gURLDVTWFMMCP/
      https://patch.com/ohio/columbus/ohio...ned-u-s-attack

I could go on, there are dozens more like this.
      The only aspect of any of this I said I did not care about was that it is the same people doing this overseas as it is here. That was in the context of my being concerned more with terrorist attacks here in America. Simply because I am an American firefighter but I am not an American soldier. I hate what is happening over there but I have no professional role there. This is a firefighting forum. We discuss firefighting here in America. You have been inserting activity in the Middle East into this thread since the start. Maybe a military forum would be a better choice for you.

I am very much aware of the ongoing terror threat here in my city and in this country. This city has been targeted multiple times and will continue to be targeted.

Likely much more so than your guardrail.

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

Dude, you are getting sanctimonious and that is a discussion killer. I never said i don't care, and I also mentioned situational awareness and the need to protect myself and my family.

Further your blatantly azzhole comment to me about the deaths on 9/11 means I am done with you. Your idiocy has reached a bounds I no longer wish to deal with. Your military time also does not allow you to be a condescending azzhat to anyone that did not serve.

Have a nice life.
        Your words pal. If you didn't mean them, guess you shouldn't have posted them. I won't lose any sleep over you.

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post

The only aspect of any of this I said I did not care about was that it is the same people doing this overseas as it is here. That was in the context of my being concerned more with terrorist attacks here in America. Simply because I am an American firefighter but I am not an American soldier. I hate what is happening over there but I have no professional role there. This is a firefighting forum. We discuss firefighting here in America. You have been inserting activity in the Middle East into this thread since the start. Maybe a military forum would be a better choice for you.

I am very much aware of the ongoing terror threat here in my city and in this country. This city has been targeted multiple times and will continue to be targeted.

Likely much more so than your guardrail.
          Guess who responds to terrorist attacks here?? Us.

Comment

Guess who responds to terrorist attacks here?? Us.
            How do I respond to this? Have you read this entire thread? I suggest you go back and do just that. Maybe you can then understand the discussion.

Comment

Your words pal. If you didn't mean them, guess you shouldn't have posted them. I won't lose any sleep over you.
              Dude you are either seriously delusional or a pathological liar because I never said I don't care.

Sadly you have just become another one trick pony troll. Must be a pathetic existence.

Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post

How do I respond to this? Have you read this entire thread? I suggest you go back and do just that. Maybe you can then understand the discussion.
                Of course I've read the whole thread. Maybe you should go back and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

Dude you are either seriously delusional or a pathological liar because I never said I don't care.

Sadly you have just become another one trick pony troll. Must be a pathetic existence.
                  I thought you said you're done with me...
                  No big deal, I'm used to you occasional tantrums.

Comment

I thought you said you're done with me...
                    No big deal, I'm used to you occasional tantrums.
                    As I have become to your inability to read, comprehend, and then put out a legible, rational response.

The fact that in your delusional haze you have confused your tirade on captnjak with me is no real surprise. But please do show me where I said I didn't care.
                    Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Of course I've read the whole thread. Maybe you should go back and read it.
                      So what you're saying is you believe that I don't know who responds to domestic terrorist attacks? Just need to be clear on this.

Comment

It appears we're not all looking at the OP's original statement/question in the same light?

"I wonder how long it'll be before this happens over here."

I took this to mean someone stealing an ambulance and using as a VBIED as was the story in the link provided. Others seem to be taking on the larger question of how long before these terrorists start attacking us on a more local basis?

My answer to both:
                        Yes, we should be prepared to respond to mass casualty incidents from bombs of some sort.
                        No, I don't think emergency vehicles are a likely target and therefore wouldn't need specific measures.

Comment

I'm more worried about a bunch of idiot Trump supporters and their phallic assault style rifles. White males with guns have been the biggest perpetrators of domestic terrorism.
                          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                            White males with guns have been the biggest perpetrators of domestic terrorism.
                            Not to mention white males with trucks full of explosives (two, anyhow) and furriners with airplanes (four).

I feel much more at ease in Trump country, where I know that the bulk of the gun owners know how to properly use their weapons than I would in, say, south Chicago... NY State has only a handful of hunting deaths each year. In 2014, only one was actually due to someone aiming at them and pulling the trigger, having mistaken the victim for a dear. The other three were accidental.

And London just surpassed NYC in the number of homicides this year. The bulk of which were committed with...... (wait for it).... knives.

But, back to the subject at hand - ambulances are stolen from time to time, although as yet none have been used for anything other than a getaway vehicle.

Last edited by tree68; 04-04-2018, 07:50 AM.
                            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                              I'm more worried about a bunch of idiot Trump supporters and their phallic assault style rifles. White males with guns have been the biggest perpetrators of domestic terrorism.
                              And yet statistically the misnamed "Assault Rifles" kill far less every year than drunk drivers and texting while driving. Where is the outcry over that?

Where are the protests, marches, and media wailing over the massive amounts of shootings and deaths in places like inner city Chicago? Why isn't that causing a media sensation? Where are the celebrities organizing against the violence? Where are the oh so important youth of today regarding school walkouts and their 15 minutes of fame on TV coming up with ideas to end that shooting gallery? Or doesn't inner city youth killing each other and other innocent inner city youth matter to anyone? Is it a race issue? Or just not politically charged enough for the phony gun grabbing leftist democrats?

I love listening to blathering idiots talk about their selective gun violence while completely ignoring other more rampant gun violence. The hypocrisy is as rancid as an open sewer.
                              Maybe it's not too late

Comment

I see it as a race issue (maybe an economic issue on my less cynical days). Every Monday morning the NY Daily News prints what amounts to a "roundup" of shootings that occurred the prior weekend. The locations are almost always in minority neighborhoods. There is rarely a weekend when this does not occur. The article generally appears around 10-20 pages into the paper. Young black men killing each other apparently is not newsworthy.

I think there is a difference between high powered/high velocity rifles and knives or cell phones or vehicles, all of which contribute to deaths. These rifles were originally conceived, designed, manufactured and sold with the purpose of killing large numbers of humans quickly. Not true about those other objects. There is very little demonstrable need for these type weapons in the public sector. Most people seem to buy them because they want them. They are cool. They are fun.

The fact that many laws have not been effective is not a valid reason to stop passing laws that we feel can help. I think an age limit is wise. I think "bump stocks" should be out. I think real back ground checks are necessary. And yes, better compliance with the laws already on the books would be swell. The kid from FL was practically begging to be stopped. Yet no one did.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X