Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ambulance used in bombing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    I pity your naivete.

It's obvious you don't understand what tyranny means and how tyrants apply it. Usually they don't respect the laws that apply in a democratic form of governance. It's why they are called dictators.
    In the 50's and 60's. Just because you never did it, doesn't mean it wasn't done.

Which makes your claim of it not happening in the USA incorrect.

Illegal orders? Slavery was legal. The Trail of Tears was legal. The Japanese Internment was legal. Segregation was legal. You are truly clueless as to what individuals have been willing to do under the color of authority. And what is and has been legal. You are even more clueless about American history.

Which doesn't change the fact that federal troops have been used against American citizens on US soil.
    I am not advocating for them to be illegal to posses. I am stating that certain types should be more regulated.

It's true. Many law abiding Americans in that era were not allowed to own or posses firearms. In addition. Those civilians who did have them as part of the local militias had to register them with local authorities and make them available for inspection at a moments notice. That is well known.
    Because you said;

So I'm daring you to change your mind just to see if I change my position.
    Oh. Still live at home. Never cared much for apple sauce. Was that supposed to be an insult where you live? Out here we call that Tuesday.

Try again.

What does that mean? Is this another phrase that is part of your local vernacular?

You guys sure to have a funny way of saying things.

BTW, I really enjoy all the pretty colors you use. So easy to know which statements are yours when I cut and paste.
    All of your examples are ancient history. Give me an example in the last 10, 20, even 50 years.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

• Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

All of your examples are ancient history. Give me an example in the last 10, 20, even 50 years.
      And you believe that because they happened so long ago nothing like that could happen now.
      #naive.

BTW, it doesn't change the underlying premise that the 2nd Amendment allows for the regulation of firearms. Even the Founding Fathers you embrace believed in that concept.
      Last edited by scfire86; 04-17-2018, 11:17 AM.
      They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

And you believe that because they happened so long ago nothing like that could happen now.
        #naive.

BTW, it doesn't change the underlying premise that the 2nd Amendment allows for the regulation of firearms. Even the Founding Fathers you embrace believed in that concept.
        If you honestly believe in America today slaughter of civilians by the military, like the horrific Native American slaughters of the old west, could occur you are absolutely delusional. The same thing with the Japanese internment. You can't even get mayors and some governors to allow federal immigration officials to do their jobs because of sanctuary cities and states. Unless under your tin foil hat and behind your tin foil covered windows you believe in the FEMA detention camp rumors that run amok every few months spread by some wackos.

You believe a tyrannical leader can take over and do as they please. I believe that not only would the armed populace rise up against that but so would mass parts of the military. As a leftist you seem to have very little faith in the people of this country to not fall for a tyrants promises. Although I guess you did support Obama didn't you?

No actually it doesn't, it calls for regulating the militia and clearly states the right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed.
        Maybe it's not too late

Comment

If you honestly believe in America today slaughter of civilians by the military, like the horrific Native American slaughters of the old west, could occur you are absolutely delusional. The same thing with the Japanese internment. You can't even get mayors and some governors to allow federal immigration officials to do their jobs because of sanctuary cities and states.

You make my point without even knowing it. The president (aka federal official) is pushing for using troops to enforce immigration policy. It's the local officials pushing back.

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
          Unless under your tin foil hat and behind your tin foil covered windows you believe in the FEMA detention camp rumors that run amok every few months spread by some wackos.

The ironometer is strong on this one. The only group that pushed the idea of FEMA camps fully supports the current occupant of the White House.

You believe a tyrannical leader can take over and do as they please. I believe that not only would the armed populace rise up against that but so would mass parts of the military. As a leftist you seem to have very little faith in the people of this country to not fall for a tyrants promises. Although I guess you did support Obama didn't you?

Tyrants don't just take over all of a sudden. They slowly acquire their power. Hitler was democratically appointed president in 1933. The first camp didn't open until 1937.

As far as faith. I have to admit. Trump has done wonders for civic engagement. I haven't seen anything like this since the anti-war movement in Vietnam. Watching the outcomes of special elections gives me hope that the GOP might get its *** kicked. Deservedly so.

No actually it doesn't, it calls for regulating the militia and clearly states the right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed.
          It still allows for regulation. As I pointed out. The courts have established that and even the Founders supported regulation. Denying many Americans the right to bear arms. Your position is unsupported by fact, the law, and history.
          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• "No actually it doesn't, it calls for regulating the militia and clearly states the right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But the arms-bearing people made up the militia. It was their status as members of the militia that required they have the right to bear arms. Because the militia was all they had. There was no large standing army. And regulation of the militia extends to the people because the people were and ARE the militia. This is how the SC has interpreted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by captnjak View Post
              "No actually it doesn't, it calls for regulating the militia and clearly states the right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But the arms-bearing people made up the militia. It was their status as members of the militia that required they have the right to bear arms. Because the militia was all they had. There was no large standing army. And regulation of the militia extends to the people because the people were and ARE the militia. This is how the SC has interpreted it.
              And that is my point. That is how HE interprets it. I see it differently.
              Maybe it's not too late

Comment

You make my point without even knowing it. The president (aka federal official) is pushing for using troops to enforce immigration policy. It's the local officials pushing back.

Um, sorry my delusional adversary, he is NOT using FEDERAL Troops he is requesting National Gaurd troop that are state controlled by their respective governors. Well unless federalized by the president under a national emergency. Further they are not acting as ICE agents they are acting as a border guard to keep illegal immigrant out. Nice spin attempt though.

The ironometer is strong on this one. The only group that pushed the idea of FEMA camps fully supports the current occupant of the White House.

Yet you seem to be pushing that it is plausible. Funny how they great rumors of those camps grew out of Obama's presidency and have seemed to died since Trump got in. Now that is irony. A lefty president accused of setting up FEMA detention camps. Gosh and his presidency saw more federal agencies become militarized and buying automatic weapons and BILLIONS of rounds of ammunition. Now why would a president, supposedly pushing peace and brotherhood need to up arm so many federal agencies? Especially ones that never had that capability before? Hmmm...what was his sinister plan? LOL!!

Tyrants don't just take over all of a sudden. They slowly acquire their power. Hitler was democratically appointed president in 1933. The first camp didn't open until 1937.

Hillary's loss proves my point. The masses were tired of Obama's tyranny and didn't want 4 or 8 more years of it under Hillary.

As far as faith. I have to admit. Trump has done wonders for civic engagement. I haven't seen anything like this since the anti-war movement in Vietnam. Watching the outcomes of special elections gives me hope that the GOP might get its *** kicked. Deservedly so.

Because the lefties that screamed about the right having to accept the results if Hillary won have refused to apply those same principles to trump winning. Hypocrisy at its finest. Riots, violence, attacks, all from the peaceful left....Yeah, hypocrites.

It still allows for regulation. As I pointed out. The courts have established that and even the Founders supported regulation. Denying many Americans the right to bear arms. Your position is unsupported by fact, the law, and history.

Again "Well regulated militia" followed by the Right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed." It is one hundred percent clear that the militia was to be regulated and the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.
                Again we simply disagree. You will not change my mind. Frankly, I don't care if I change yours.
                Maybe it's not too late

Comment

And that is my point. That is how HE interprets it. I see it differently.
                  SC being supreme court. Their interpretation is the only one that counts barring new amendments or a subsequent supreme court ruling.

Comment

Um, sorry my delusional adversary, he is NOT using FEDERAL Troops he is requesting National Gaurd troop that are state controlled by their respective governors. Well unless federalized by the president under a national emergency. Further they are not acting as ICE agents they are acting as a border guard to keep illegal immigrant out. Nice spin attempt though.

I know. When a democratic president ordered the same thing idiot conservatives went nuts with claims of tyranny.

Yet you seem to be pushing that it is plausible. Funny how they great rumors of those camps grew out of Obama's presidency and have seemed to died since Trump got in. Now that is irony. A lefty president accused of setting up FEMA detention camps. Gosh and his presidency saw more federal agencies become militarized and buying automatic weapons and BILLIONS of rounds of ammunition. Now why would a president, supposedly pushing peace and brotherhood need to up arm so many federal agencies? Especially ones that never had that capability before? Hmmm...what was his sinister plan? LOL!!

No other delusional belief did a better job of showing just how easily manipulated present day conservatives have become. It was one of the best examples of showing just how stupid many of them are in their beliefs.
                    Hillary's loss proves my point. The masses were tired of Obama's tyranny and didn't want 4 or 8 more years of it under Hillary.

Couple of things. Could you be more specific in what you mean by tyranny? Obama did not do or propose anything that hadn't been done or proposed by numerous predecessors from both parties.

Second. Trump won because of the arcane the US elects presidents in a manner that allows someone with fewer votes to win. More of the "masses" (as you call them) voted for Clinton.

Because the lefties that screamed about the right having to accept the results if Hillary won have refused to apply those same principles to trump winning. Hypocrisy at its finest. Riots, violence, attacks, all from the peaceful left....Yeah, hypocrites.

Not nearly as hypocritical as those idiot conservatives telling liberals to get over it while those same conservatives are waving Nazi and CSA flags.

Again "Well regulated militia" followed by the Right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed." It is one hundred percent clear that the militia was to be regulated and the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

I know you want to believe that. It just isn't true. The amendment allows for regulation. The Supreme Court has said as such.

Again we simply disagree. You will not change my mind. Frankly, I don't care if I change yours.
                    True. You have an opinion. An opinion that is not supported by fact, law, or history. But you have an opinion nonetheless. No matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it correct.

Comment

• If you are looking for a definition of tyranny I would use Websters Dictionary. If you want to understand it, read the Declaration of Independence. Reading it re-assures me of what the 2nd Amendment was and why it is in of Bill of Rights.

Comment

I know. When a democratic president ordered the same thing idiot conservatives went nuts with claims of tyranny.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

So let me see if I have this right. For the left the idea was great when a democrat recommended it but now that a republican has it is no longer a great idea? Your hypocrisy is unmeasurable it is so far off the scale.

No other delusional belief did a better job of showing just how easily manipulated present day conservatives have become. It was one of the best examples of showing just how stupid many of them are in their beliefs.

It is a documented FACT that agencies that never had an armed contingent added military style weapons and vehicles during Obama's presidency.

Couple of things. Could you be more specific in what you mean by tyranny? Obama did not do or propose anything that hadn't been done or proposed by numerous predecessors from both parties.

Second. Trump won because of the arcane the US elects presidents in a manner that allows someone with fewer votes to win. More of the "masses" (as you call them) voted for Clinton.

First of all Obama's dealing with foreign powers, especially enemies of this country, where he circumvented and bypassed congress are clear examples.

Secondly, it always amazes me that the only time the Electoral College comes into play for criticism is when the left loses. The fact is there is more to the US than New York and California. The electoral college was put into place to eliminate large metro areas from ruling the country if the rest of the country opposed that candidate

Not nearly as hypocritical as those idiot conservatives telling liberals to get over it while those same conservatives are waving Nazi and CSA flags.

Not nearly as hypocritical as elements of peace loving leftists wearing Che Guevara or Fidel Castro T-shirts and waving communist flags. Or looting, or assaulting police officers, or damaging and burning police cars, or burning down neighborhoods.

Your broad stroke of painting all conservatives as waving Nazi or CSA flags is so beneath even a leftist propagandist like yourself that I can't believe you are even saying something that stupid.

I know you want to believe that. It just isn't true. The amendment allows for regulation. The Supreme Court has said as such.
                        [/SIZE][/FONT]

I guess we will disagree on what the amendment allows to be regulated. It sees crystal clear. "Well regulated militia" "The right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed."

[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [/SIZE][/I][/FONT]
                        [LEFT][COLOR=#161616][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]
                        True. You have an opinion. An opinion that is not supported by fact, law, or history. But you have an opinion nonetheless. No matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it correct.

YOUR facts are based on YOUR opinion. Many people far smarted than you disagree with your opinion.
                        Again, pass all the gun laws you want in California. Give up your rights. I choose not to.
                        Maybe it's not too late

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude In The Car View Post
                          If you are looking for a definition of tyranny I would use Websters Dictionary. If you want to understand it, read the Declaration of Independence. Reading it re-assures me of what the 2nd Amendment was and why it is in of Bill of Rights.
                          Agreed. I have no problem with the right to bear arms or the 2nd Amendment. I agree with the Founding Fathers that regulation was permissible.

Comment

So let me see if I have this right. For the left the idea was great when a democrat recommended it but now that a republican has it is no longer a great idea? Your hypocrisy is unmeasurable it is so far off the scale.

Nope. I thought the ideas were good when both sides presented them. It was the right wing nut jobs (RWNJ) who went crazy when ideas similar to those proposed by GOP presidents were put forth by a Dem.

It is a documented FACT that agencies that never had an armed contingent added military style weapons and vehicles during Obama's presidency.

Which agencies?

First of all Obama's dealing with foreign powers, especially enemies of this country, where he circumvented and bypassed congress are clear examples.

Like when? Could you be more specific? You seem to be engaging in vague statements with this response.
                            Secondly, it always amazes me that the only time the Electoral College comes into play for criticism is when the left loses. The fact is there is more to the US than New York and California. The electoral college was put into place to eliminate large metro areas from ruling the country if the rest of the country opposed that candidate.

I don't dispute any of that. The Electoral College may diminish the votes of the large urban areas. It doesn't diminish the beliefs of those who cast the votes. There were more voters supporting Clinton than Trump. That point seems to be lost on RWNJs.

Not nearly as hypocritical as elements of peace loving leftists wearing Che Guevara or Fidel Castro T-shirts and waving communist flags. Or looting, or assaulting police officers, or damaging and burning police cars, or burning down neighborhoods.

Lol. The irony is those flying CSA and Nazi flags claim to be true patriots. The others you cite, don't.

Your broad stroke of painting all conservatives as waving Nazi or CSA flags is so beneath even a leftist propagandist like yourself that I can't believe you are even saying something that stupid.
                            See above response.

I guess we will disagree on what the amendment allows to be regulated. It sees crystal clear. "Well regulated militia" "The right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You can disagree all you want. The fact remains the 2nd Amendment allows for regulation.

YOUR facts are based on YOUR opinion. Many people far smarted than you disagree with your opinion.

Nope. My opinions are based on case law as put forth by the Supreme Court.
                            Again, pass all the gun laws you want in California. Give up your rights. I choose not to.

No one is asking you to give up your rights. You seem to have a problem differentiating between prohibition and regulation. I've articulated the difference numerous times. Yet you seem lack basic understanding.
                            Last edited by scfire86; 04-18-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Два плюс два равны пяти.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude In The Car View Post
                                Два плюс два равны пяти.
                                Только идиот верит в это.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X