Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

It's been 7 years, anyone still here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post

You are not the Firehouse Forum police (thankfully). You and another certain member continued to engage and bait him in an attempt to beat him down, hoping for support from other like-minded members in your little circle jerk to add some sort of fulfillment to your life. However, for the most part, his calm and carefully-worded responses effectively did what they were intended to do...ruffle your feathers and make you act like a child in a shoving match on the playground.

I can honestly say that the arrogant and hypocritical attitudes of you and a few others were exactly why I stopped coming here. You just can't help yourself, it seems. If you can't handle objective observation from someone who is actually quite indifferent to your obsession with scfire86, go ahead and block me. I would never block you. It just seems the coward's way to me. Maybe you should try drinking less coffee and cut back on your sugar intake?

Just trying to help.
    It took a number of reports and an email to the powers that be to finally shut down that ridiculous thread. There was nothing special about his posts in that thread - they were simply cut and pastes of what he considered the day's peccadillos by the POTUS.

If his posts were thought provoking about firefighting, that would be another story. They haven't been. In fact, he rarely posts anything, unless a certain other poster adds something to the forum, at which point he jumps in and tells everyone just how terrible a firefighter said poster is.

There are plenty of forums where political posts such as his are allowed, and even welcomed. This isn't one of them. Many other topic specific fora would have completely bounced him ages ago.
    Last edited by tree68; 01-26-2018, 07:54 AM.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I didn't start the Trump thread. You guys are funny.
      They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
        I

You are not the Firehouse Forum police (thankfully). You and another certain member continued to engage and bait him in an attempt to beat him down, hoping for support from other like-minded members in your little circle jerk to add some sort of fulfillment to your life. However, for the most part, his calm and carefully-worded responses effectively did what they were intended to do...ruffle your feathers and make you act like a child in a shoving match on the playground.

I can honestly say that the arrogant and hypocritical attitudes of you and a few others were exactly why I stopped coming here. You just can't help yourself, it seems. If you can't handle objective observation from someone who is actually quite indifferent to your obsession with scfire86, go ahead and block me. I would never block you. It just seems the coward's way to me. Maybe you should try drinking less coffee and cut back on your sugar intake?

Just trying to help.
        Just so we are clear, you are saying scfire is a COWARD because he blocked me. Yet you continue to defend him. Hm, are you a hypocrite or just too blind to see you painted yourself into a corner?

Tell me though, what do YOU ad to this forum? You don't comment on fire related threads, you come in just to attack other posters here and whine about the members that are still here.

As for my coffee and sugar intake. Don't' drink coffee and I avoid sugar when I can.

I'm done wih you unless you post fire related topics. I'm certain you aren't done though. So fire away.

Have a nice life., or not, who cares.
        Last edited by FyredUp; 01-26-2018, 12:57 PM.
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
          Turd in a punch bowl tends to have that effect.
          You sir, have won the internet for today.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X