Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Sonny Sam, who gives a damn about Kentlands 50 year party? Another 50 years will go by and still nobody will know where the hell Kentland is or give a damn!

Comment

LT13......Do you know who cares? Jake the Monkey does.

FREE JAKE ABDUL-JAMAL!!!!

BRING BACK JAKE!!! BRING BACK JAKE!!!

KENTLAND RULES!!!!!

Comment

LT13, if you don't care, or don't give a damn, why are you in the forum and why are you posting a reply? Kentland is the busiest volunteer engine in the country - and 10th overall including paid companies. So, I'd say a fair amount of people know about Kentland, and maybe even care. I've had the pleasure of running at Kentland, so I can speak first hand.

Stay Safe

Comment

Hi agan everybody

I called my fire teacher jake295885 and he laufed when I told him bout the forums action. im really ****ed bout them throwin him off. Sonny are you just joshin or are you reallly in jakes side I asked him to take me to kentland but he said only experanced fireman can go. i can't wait till jake says i can go with him cause he give me the website and i think it cool.

he said i can go to the party if i promise to bring a chick with me so im goin. sonny can you get me some tickets and like the rest of you guys be coll cause kentlands the bestest firemans in the world. really im not pushing your legs on this one and how do i get those coll stars next to my name like everbody else

Comment

FHandz -

Then you'd be out of luck in my township. We're all vollies.
            "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Hey PA Volly its not that I don't care I'm just pokin a little fun at you guys from Kentland Honestly I don't know where Kentland is, its great that you guys are the buziest in the nation and volly at that. What we all really want is Jake back! Have a great party guys and remember don't sweat the small stuff

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hey you work vollie, that's great. Hey I work IAFF, that's great. Kentland (?) is 50 years old, that's great.

Our secratary is turning 43 on Friday, if anybody wants to come by.

Let's see...... I do know that I work today and Wensday, then I go on 4 day. I think I might go to lake or something....... Ohh, sorry. Other than that, whatever you said was great!

Oh yeah, we did just buy a $700,000 Quint,(how did you guess, that's amazing?). God it sucks having to ride it 10 days a month. Oh well, at least they give me $50,000 a year to make up for the punishment.

Anyway, have fun at the party. Long live the Monkey.

Comment

FHandz -

Not sure what your point is, but if you want to get into job comparisons, I'd be happy to do so in private, via email.

Suffice it to say I make a lot more money than firefighters in St. Louis do, I work from home many days (don't even haveta shower!!), and I see a decent amount of fire for a member of a suburban department. I'm happy, and so are the other volunteer members of my department.

So, if Kentland wants to celebrate 50 years of volunteerism, let 'em. What effect does it have on your life? It almost seems like you HAVE to point out that you're IAFF. Let me be bluntly honest with you, FHandz - NOBODY CARES. That's great for you and your family, you're making a decent living, and you're doing what you like to do. But it doesn't go beyond that for the rest of us, bubba. So why p*ss on someone else's parade?

I say, congratulations Kentland, and here's to 50 more years.
                  "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Buckseng91....are you misbehaving again???? do I need to place you back in TIME OUT?

I am with you..... and still say.....if it is not affecting any of these people who are so concerned....they...why do they care?
                    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                    ------------------------------
                    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                    BMI Investigator
                    ------------------------------
                    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

My bad, I thought there was some IAFF bashing going on, mabey I misread. You have to stick up for yourself once in a while, right.

You people make comments about IAFF / Career depts and Quints and what ever else is different from your little corner of the world, and if someone says F off you get all bent out of shape.

You are absolutely right, NOBODY CARES, about me, you, Kentville, whatever....which was my point.

Anyway, I concede, I was out of line. No problem.

Kentland.......Congratulations, have another great 50 years.

Comment

Oh yeah.........my Lithium precription also ran out, and it has been very hot here, so I was a little "wound up" at work yesterday.

I am going to fade off into the darkness now, these forums give me heartburn.

Carry on, good luck, don't step on the hose.

Comment

FHandz -

I feel for you, brother. My Xanax ran out a couple of days ago, and I feel like I could bite through a length of LDH...

I'm not IAFF bashing. My father was a career guy in Philly for over 30 years, so I know that the IAFF is a good thing. But I also know that there are people who are arrogant about their career status, as if all volunteers would go career if we could.

Got news for everyone that thinks that - it just ain't the case. I would never give up my "day job", which is something I always wanted to do, and I'm fortunate enough to make a boatload of moola doing it. On the other hand, I love firefighting, and I want to help my community. In other words, if someone offered me a job right now in a career department, I'd turn 'em down.

So, yeah...who cares about you (not you in particular, Handz, just a general "you") and your career job, and your IAFF membership? You, your family, maybe the guys on your crew. But the rest of the world? WE DON'T CARE! GET OVER IT, AND GET OVER YOURSELF.

Anyway, congrats again to Kentland. Here's to another 50 of safe, professional firefighting!

Joe Black

Comment

Bucks.....

Point well taken and understood.

Got my script refilled, all better now.

Comment

Stay safe, Handz. I'm gonna down me some Xanax now....

Joe Black

Comment

SOUNDS LIKE A DAMN GOOD TIME TO ME !!! PROFESSIONALS DONT ALWAYS GET PAID !!!
                                THE PURSUIT OF THE PROTECTION OF LIFE AND PROPERTY IS A CALLING, FEW ARE GOOD AT IT, AND THOSE FEW DESERVE THE TITLE "FIREMAN" AND THESE CHOSEN FEW ARE WHO I CALL MY BROTHERS, REGUARDLESS OF A PAYCHECK. LOVE YOUR BROTHERS, FOR ONE DAY THEY MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE. PEACE

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X