X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captstanm1:
    My opinion....

This is a completely senseless and stupid post.
    Stan:
    Much as I hate to admit it...got to agree with you this time.
    Who cares?

Comment

Hi Jake, A "two-hatter" is a so called union brother or sister that vol. their time in another IAFF department.
      ie...If you work in Washington DC and vol. in PG County - well, you are a "two- hatter" !!
      Proud IAFF member since 1992.

Comment

Spuadman911 -

Why the derision on people who work and then volunteer in their home area, or in an area near their home.

Believe me, I'm not trying to start another stupid volunteer vs. career argument, but I don't really get your reasoning. This is America, my friend. If someone wants to volunteer time in addition to the time they get paid for doing it for another department, then more power to 'em, God bless and protect 'em.

No need to get all exercised because someone's a volunteer, Squad. They're just doing something they love.
        "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Once again, another PG County forum with pointless posts from pointless people. What happened to the days when all PG county posts were shut down? Cmon webteam, heres your chance!!
          Squadman - no matter how hard you try to fight it, other IAFF members will volunteer in your area (which is obviously PG County) until long after you retire. I have never understood why your attitude continues to exist. Isnt the IAFF anything more to you than a volunteer hating PR Organization? Why don't you and your very progressive union (yeah right) try to concentrate on other more important tasks than running the volunteers out of PG such as enforcing the ERT to paramedic role that so many of your union brothers seem desperate to avoid.

Comment

KENTLAND? Never heard of it
            Hey webmaster bring Jake back please and we will promise that he behaves!

Comment

Hot Damn: because the paid guys in PG have not much to do, since they are a daytime only FD, and don't want to admit it.

Frustration shows fast.

Comment

Ok...let me try this again.....Did everyone hear about the Kentland 50 party?? Kentland is known to have some awesome parties. I've got my tickets!! The band Faded Image will be playing there from 8-midnight!!

Squadman....must have a lot of time to build up your anger when you're the RIC team huh?? (PG squads are not firefighting companies, they are used strictly as rapid intervention)

Jake232337445843743473984378..Sorry to see you go on my post! I'm sure you'll be back!!

See you all at the party!!!!

Comment

Hey Sonny,

How do you get tickets? Will there be any drinking going on. I was taught Firefighter I and Evoc by Jake 295885 He is one intense dude, He speaks highly of Kentland, i think he's even a member. Iv'e heard that he once walked thru a building fire with gasoline soaked underdrawers, he's one badd dude, i'd follow him anywhere, in fact im on the list to get hired in Richmond just hope I can get on his outfit and go to real fires with him Richmond fire is the BOMB......

Let me know how to get tickets, just hope I can keep up with u dudes...

Comment

Hose Monkey

Just hope you don't get appointed to Quint 1 if you do get hired by Richmond....

Comment

Now Sonny....play nice now

PG Squads are not usually RIC teams unless the incident commander chooses to make them one. In fact I venture to say that the squads most likely run more fires than any other unit. I would also not be going out on a limb to say that you are most likely not from Prince George's County and/or havent ever been there. I also would guess that you haven't ever been to Station 33, otherwise you would know better than to put things up like this for everyone to read. Try to think before you push "REPLY" next time.

Comment

Hotdamn and BucksEng91... You are right...where i used to work the career staff (some of them) started as volunteers and soon forgot that...when they became career. Those of us who volunteered in other jurisdictions were harassed and ridiculed constantly. I am in no way negative in relation to IAFF...I am negative to their priorities. Instead of trying to put volunteers out of business...work with them. I have seen some volunteer depts that are more professional than some career ones.

Ok..off the soap box. I agree with you......and dont mean to start another vol/career thing. But it seems that someone has turned this already ridiculous post into one....

Hot Damn...where from????
                        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                        ------------------------------
                        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                        BMI Investigator
                        ------------------------------
                        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Cap -

Thanks for the words of agreement. Look, the way I see it is this - neither your employer nor your labor union have any right whatsoever to tell you what you can and cannot do off the clock.

Before people start jumping in with references to the court case wherein a department (which one slips my mind) was able to force firefighters not to smoke even when they're not on duty, know that I'm in COMPLETE disagreement with that decision. That's just another example of courts making laws, which they are constitutionally prohibited from doing.

I don't know about you, but if my supervisor or shop stew told me that I couldn't do something that I want to do when I'm not at work, I'd tell him to go f*ck himself, in so many words.
                          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Let me say it again...a little louder this time..... KENTLAND IS HAVING A 50 YEAR PARTY. I must not be getting heard over all the crying about volunteers and "2 hatters"

Anybody have any good stories about their beach volley parties??? their banquets??? wetdowns??? I used to go to the volley ball tourny...man that was a good time....I've never seen such a big party!!

Comment

Well........No, I'm not going. Where is PG County?

IAFF vs. Volunteer FD's.....I vote IAFF

Relax my brothers, the sun will rise.

Comment

Handz..did your local fight for your Quints??????

A message from the IAFF...Cross training, cross dressing, hybrid apparatus, hate volunteers....follow these rules and we will run ourselves into the ground! Strength in Unity!! Support your local!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X