Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How should I inform the battalion chief and his superiors that he is full of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I inform the battalion chief and his superiors that he is full of it?

I am a probationary firefighter in a paid major city department but I already know more about firefighting than most of the clowns running this circus. I wanted to gain urban experience before settling down for a career in the suburbs. Before enrolling at the academy I already attained degrees in fire science, fire technology, and fire administration. As a volunteer I earned my FF1, FF2, EMT-P, EVOC, HazMat Tech, USAR, Advanced Vehicle Rescue, Swift Water Rescue, High Angle Rescue, Pump Operator, Aerial Operator, Fire Inspector 2, and Fire Officer 4 certifications.

The problem is the battalion chief who oversees my engine company, its brother ladder company, and several others. The only reason he even has his job and was promoted is because this department is rife with nepotism and union cronyism, His father is a retired chief of department, grandfather was a battalion chief and his uncles and brothers are or were were lieutenants and captains with one being a LODD. The guy is a tactical buffoon who does not know a Storz coupling from a Stokes basket. He has regularly put multiple companies at risk due to his unsound judgement and blatant disregard for accepted firefighting practices and the department's own standard operating procedures. Next time he gives a ludicrous order I would like to tell him to his face that he is full of it as well as inform the chief of department and the fire commissioner however I do not wish to ruin my thus far illustrious career. How should I go about this?

• Too_Old
    replied
    Originally posted by fire5555
    Hopefully someone in his department found out about his postings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Probably got fired during the probationary period without a reason given.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

And I like how you are nothing but a little female dog. Too cowardly to address me directly and then allow me to respond. On second thought maybe you are just a little mouse. I doubt you are tough enough to be any kind of dog.
    Either didn't get the answer he was looking for, or just a troll...

Leave a comment:

• Too_Old
    replied
    Whatever happened to the goof who started this thread ?

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post

Not at all. It popped up on my new posts section.

I like how FyredUp continues to follow me around like a little puppy dog. Thanks for quoting him in that exchange.
    And I like how you are nothing but a little female dog. Too cowardly to address me directly and then allow me to respond. On second thought maybe you are just a little mouse. I doubt you are tough enough to be any kind of dog.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by tree68 View Post

He must be bored - digging through old posts to find places to post his witty repartee...
    Not at all. It popped up on my new posts section.

I like how FyredUp continues to follow me around like a little puppy dog. Thanks for quoting him in that exchange.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

YAWN! More tired meaningless crap from the tough guy who ran and hid. It would be funny if he werent so pathetic.
    He must be bored - digging through old posts to find places to post his witty repartee...

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post

I'm betting he achieves more than you. All he has to do is respond to an incident off duty. Something you stated you wouldn't do.
    YAWN! More tired meaningless crap from the tough guy who ran and hid. It would be funny if he werent so pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Fyred will accomplish more in his career than you will in yours .... Far more.

If you were half the man you claimed to be, you'd go up and tell the BC what an idiot he is the next time he screws up. I would love to be there to watch what would happen to you probie.
    I'm betting he achieves more than you. All he has to do is respond to an incident off duty. Something you stated you wouldn't do.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by APerfectProbie View Post

Under whistle blower protection laws and open door policies no retribution should be taken against any firefighter regardless of their rank who refuses to follow and reports any and all orders that they feel are inappropriate and/or unsafe.
    This post and the one above it prove this guy is a troll...perhaps even working for FH.com to increase post count.

Leave a comment:

• APerfectProbie
    replied
    Originally posted by captnjak View Post

If his "paid major city department" is anything like mine the guys would crucify him. There is a rank structure. There is a chain of command. There are some people who get to question a Battalion Chief. Generally they are Deputy Chiefs's or staff chiefs. At the minimum they are very senior company officers or firefighters. It simply isn't the place of a probie to even have an opinion on a BC, never mind actually verbalizing that opinion. And virtually every member of the department understands this.
    I repeat. He/She would be effing crucified.
    Under whistle blower protection laws and open door policies no retribution should be taken against any firefighter regardless of their rank who refuses to follow and reports any and all orders that they feel are inappropriate and/or unsafe.

Leave a comment:

• APerfectProbie
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post

Again, the next time he's in your station, take him aside and tell him what you think. Just let it all out.

I doubt you will because I truly doubt that you own a set of balls. Sorry Dude, but what you are saying here is nothing less than gross insubordination. If you told the Chief what you have written here you little puke would be gone. So grow a pair and tell him, but I doubt that you will.
    The department chief should be gone for tolerating this dangerous battalion chief. I am more than qualified to take his job. I will stand in front of the chief, grab my crotch, and tell him to insubordinate this.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    The headline here at FH.com if he ever did would read "Probie Puke laughed out of the Fire Service."

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by APerfectProbie View Post

So what if I do?

https://underoos.com/adults/mens.html

I think Mr. Battalion Chief wears these though.

https://underoos.com/adults/womens/p...-underoos.html
    Again, the next time he's in your station, take him aside and tell him what you think. Just let it all out.

I doubt you will because I truly doubt that you own a set of balls. Sorry Dude, but what you are saying here is nothing less than gross insubordination. If you told the Chief what you have written here you little puke would be gone. So grow a pair and tell him, but I doubt that you will.

Leave a comment:

• APerfectProbie
    replied
    Originally posted by johnsb View Post
    Son, you probably still wear Underoos.
    So what if I do?

https://underoos.com/adults/mens.html

I think Mr. Battalion Chief wears these though.

https://underoos.com/adults/womens/p...-underoos.html

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X