Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How should I inform the battalion chief and his superiors that he is full of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfd1992 View Post
    Seems our old "pal" Scarecrow has found his way back. How long do we think he lasts in his current incarnation?

I'm betting s/he's out by June 1st.
    good chance you are right ---I would prefer woody or even donna
    ?

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
      Some Senior Man advice for you: you really, really need to do the following:

1. Get in the sink. When all the dishes are done, mop the kitchen floor and then clean the appliances. If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

2. When the kitchen chores are done, get out on the apparatus floor and wash and wipe-dry the rig. Clean out the interior, give it a wipe down and clean all the glass with windex. When that is done, empty every compartment one-by-one and clean the interior of the compartments with a good cleaner. Then wipe down all the tools and equipment. Lubricate what needs lube, sharpen what needs sharpening, and paint what needs painting. If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

3. When the rig is done, clean the apparatus floor. Pull the rigs outside, sweep the floor. empty the trash cans, etc. Then wash the floor. If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

4. When the apparatus floor is done, go on watch and study your local as you are on watch. No TV or games or cell phones. The only computer on is the CAD computer. The only things your eyes shall be on are maps of your local and your bordering locals, and the CAD computer. If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

5. After your watch is done, go study your Dept's Standard Operating Procedures, Discipline Manuals, and other Department-related materials. When those are studied and you know them cold, then study your IFSTA Basic Firefighting Manual or Firefighter 1. If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

When all that is done....Maybe.....Just maybe......I may allow you back into the Kitchen for a break and I may allow you to watch TV for 20 minutes. After that you can work on the living quarters. Do you happen to know the term "Field Day?" If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.

In other words kid, SHUT THE FUCHK UP AND DO YOUR FUCHKING JOB YOU ENTITLED, ELITIST LITTLE *****! EARN YOUR FUCHKING BONES!! WHEN YOU HAVE A FEW YEARS ON THE JOB THEN YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO BITCH!!! UNTIL THEN YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN UNORGANIZED GRABASSTIC PIECE OF SCHIT! If there is not a fresh pot of coffee brewing, it is your fault.
      My Psychology of Firefighting professor said that hazing in the form of assigning menial or repetitive tasks to probationary or otherwise new to the house firefighters is completely unacceptable and damaging to their fragile psyches. Duties such as washing dishes, cooking, mopping the floors, cleaning the apparatus, maintaining the tools, etc. are to be shared equally and equitably between all members of the company or station regardless of their rank or seniority. The health instructor stated that caffeinated beverages such as coffee, colas, Mountain Dew, etc. should not be consumed before, during, or after strenuous physical activities such as firefighting or training as they may cause or accelerate dehydration and increase heart rate. excessive carbohydrates such as sugar should be avoided as well. The only coffee I will make is decaf and 100% fruit juice for the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by APerfectProbie View Post

My Psychology of Firefighting professor said that hazing in the form of assigning menial or repetitive tasks to probationary or otherwise new to the house firefighters is completely unacceptable and damaging to their fragile psyches. Duties such as washing dishes, cooking, mopping the floors, cleaning the apparatus, maintaining the tools, etc. are to be shared equally and equitably between all members of the company or station regardless of their rank or seniority. The health instructor stated that caffeinated beverages such as coffee, colas, Mountain Dew, etc. should not be consumed before, during, or after strenuous physical activities such as firefighting or training as they may cause or accelerate dehydration and increase heart rate. excessive carbohydrates such as sugar should be avoided as well. The only coffee I will make is decaf and 100% fruit juice for the rest of you.
        Okay, this post proves this guy is either the biggest AZZ hole ever to grace these pages or a troll. Either way the quicker we stop feeding him the quicker he will take his roadshow and go home.

Buh bye ****** bag.
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

I found two videos specifically about our perfect probie.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

Comment

They must feel threatened by my vast firefighting knowledge and numerous qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by APerfectProbie View Post
              They must feel threatened by my vast firefighting knowledge and numerous qualifications.
              Well, any semblance of credibility you had just went right straight out the window... Even if that was intended to be tongue-in-cheek...
              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I can't believe y'all are still taking this thread seriously ... .. smh

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                  But this kid is on a whole other level. He is a 25 year old probie and claims to know more about firefighting than "most of the clowns running this circus". His beef doesn't appear to be with just one guy. He now has another thread in which he indicates that department doesn't know what apparatus it should be running. In his own words it is a "major paid city department". They must have a clue about SOMETHING.
                  How is he different from LAFE? He claims experience based upon his years as a volunteer that gets few if any response. Since you believe experience trumps academia, can we discount LAFE's articles for Fire Engineering and his speeches at FDIC?

Seems only fair.
                  They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post

How is he different from LAFE? He claims experience based upon his years as a volunteer that gets few if any response. Since you believe experience trumps academia, can we discount LAFE's articles for Fire Engineering and his speeches at FDIC?

Seems only fair.
                    Oh look, is anyone surprised this troll is supporting another troll? I'm not. They are cut from the same cloth.
                    Crazy, but that's how it goes
                    Millions of people living as foes
                    Maybe it's not too late
                    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Seems only fair.
                      I see no reason to discount LAFE's articles or presentations. A recognized authority has deemed them to be worthy.

LAFE probably has about a three decade head start on this kid when it comes to the fire service.

LAFE appears to be very realistic about what his departments can and can't do. This kid is a stranger to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                        LAFE probably has about a three decade head start on this kid when it comes to the fire service.
                        From what I've read, he has a three decade head start on being a fraud.
                        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WLO0_dMto think this is him ?
                          ?

Comment

We used to call them the 30-30's. No offense to the owners of the venerable Winchester 1894.

30 days on, but act like 30 years.

Comment

30 days on, but act like 30 years.
                              And the corollary - One year of experience, twenty times...

Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                                And the corollary - One year of experience, twenty times...
                                nailed it --------------------
                                ?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...