Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find good colleges with fire Science/ wildlands firefighting programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find good colleges with fire Science/ wildlands firefighting programs?

Just as the title suggests I've been having trouble finding colleges/ university's that have pretty good environmental science, fire Science, ect programs. If you attended somewhere for a degree in one of the programs I'm talking about I would appreciate some input of where you went. Even if you've heard of a good school I'd like to know about it.

Thanks
    -Ben

Quite a few colleges with forestry programs offer a range of degrees with a wildland fire management focus.

Bachelor and Masters programs with a structure fire angle are not as common, but they exist. 2 year fire science degrees are very common.

Here is a link that includes a pile of 4 year fire degree programs, wildland and structure oriented.

https://www.wildfirex.com/four-year-...fire-programs/

Just my experience but it seems like 4 year+ structure fire degrees have more emphasis on administration and management of a fire department, while wildland fire degrees tend to be more science oriented.

Comment

I'm in Pa but don't have any problem going to another state. My goal is to be a full-time Firefighter at a department that gets a good share of its wildlands calls or to also be on a state crew or something on the side. I want to be in a classroom, lab, ect. Ya here and there I'm interested in finding a school that has programs for both.
      ​​

ill get back to you's after I get to the links.

Thanks guys.
      Last edited by Jr. Firefighter1618; 03-07-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Columbus State has a good Fire Science program, and Hocking Tech south of Columbus has fire and EMS service programs along with a lot of programs in Natural Resources.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X