DEVILS NIGHT fires in Detroit, Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEVILS NIGHT fires in Detroit, Michigan

I followed along with the Detroit Fire Department on Devils Night and shot this video to try and shed some light on a crazy tradition here in the city. Devils Night in Detroit is a night full of record breaking arson numbers, and the firemen here do a great job being prepared and handling fires on the night of these bizarre traditions. Hope you enjoy. Full length documentary I'm creating about the city of Detroit will cover the fire department as well as other subject matter. I looked at this as a way to give a glimpse into how hectic this night is for them. #aDetroitFilm .

So I watched, and clearly the footage and story are good and the topic is relevant, but your going into a fire building without permission and any true precautions further endanger Detroit firefighters. If you fell through the floor, who'd be called to rescue you? And at what personal danger to themselves. There are enough hazards on this job, that those easily preventable accidents shouldn't happen. As you noted the structural stability of a fire building such as the one you entered, is clearly questionable. Rescue operations could easily put multiple companies are risk. maybe there danger was not as bad as it was made to look, for the dramatic license purposes? Not to mention the health hazards you ignore by entering that building. There are countless hazards particles that get stirred up by wind, air movement and just walking, you and your crew were easily exposing yourselves to these among the ordinary injuries you could sustain.

So, keep up the good work, but just do it from a safe distance.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X