Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Happy Trump Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of the usual conservative double standard.
    Truth is weirder than any fiction I've seen.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Been a great day. I took the dog for a walk down by our pond and BOOM into the frigid waters she goes, not once but twice. She was in so deep she almost had to swim. She loved it and we will make sure she gets plenty of pond time this summer.

Another great day at home with my wife.

Life is good!
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

• Opinion: Donald Trump: America's Marie Antoinette

On Thursday, Donald Trump released his budget for 2017, which proposes slashing programs that help some of our nation's most vulnerable citizens, including the poor and the elderly. And then Trump, in his own "let them eat cake" moment, jetted off 24 hours later to spend another weekend at his luxurious private country club Mar-a-Lago, a place described as akin to the Palace of Versailles.

Trump's opulent Mar-a-Lago is an estate that Marie Antoinette would have felt right at home in. It boasts 16th century Flemish tapestries, lavish oriental rugs and a Louis XIV-style ballroom added by Trump that includes $7 million in gold leaf on the walls.

Now if Trump were simply spending his weekends at Mar-a-Lago on his own dime, that would be one thing. But he's not. You, I and every other taxpayer are the ones paying for the five trips Trump has taken there since being sworn in as President.

In other words, instead of spending money on those most in need, Trump is wasting taxpayer dollars on a lavish lifestyle he is seeking to maintain.

What's the cost? Politico has estimated that we pay $3 million each weekend that Trump travels to his palatial country club. That means Trump's five getaways have cost taxpayers in the neighborhood of $15 million for expenses associated with Secret Service, Air Force One, etc.

And that doesn't even include the nearly $1 million in local tax dollars spent by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office to protect Trump when he stays at Mar-a-Lago.
        All of a sudden the cost of the presidential lifestyle is no longer an issue.

Can someone pass on to FyredUp that I have him blocked. His idiot postings on what kind of day he's had are no longer showing up on my feed.
        -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Another great night at home with my wife. Just watched the Walking Dead. Not sure how I feel about this show anymore.

Back to work tomorrow. Busy week ahead.

Have a great week everybody!!
          Maybe it's not too late

Comment

• Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
            Another great night at home with my wife. Just watched the Walking Dead. Not sure how I feel about this show anymore.

Back to work tomorrow. Busy week ahead.

Have a great week everybody!!
            Our chicken barbeque went great! Came out about even on food, hardly turned anyone away, and definitely had no leftovers.
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

• Coal Country Gets Burned By Trump?s Budget Cuts And Miners Are Livid: "We've Been Conned"

The sad truth became evident when they realized that President Trump's first budget proposal would slash and burn several key programs aimed at promoting economic development in coal regions - most notably, the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Economic Development Administration. In recent years, these programs have focused on aiding communities that have been left behind as mining jobs vanished.

Now, even some of Trump's staunchest allies are livid at the proposed cuts. "I am disappointed that many of the reductions and eliminations proposed in the President's skinny budget are draconian, careless and counterproductive," said Rep. Hal Rogers, a senior House Republican from a key coal-mining district in southeastern Kentucky. "I feel like we?ve been conned!"
              The term "dumb as stump" comes to mind. I wished I could say I feel sorry for these people but I'd be lying.
              Last edited by scfire86; 03-20-2017, 12:23 AM.
              -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by tree68 View Post

Our chicken barbeque went great! Came out about even on food, hardly turned anyone away, and definitely had no leftovers.
                Excellent news! It's always good when a fund raiser is successful.
                Maybe it's not too late

Comment

• I'm sure our resident dumb as stump Trump supporter from Louisiana will continue to say just how happy he is with this daily dumpster fire of a president.

I'm thinking this is just getting started.

FBI?s Trump-Russia probe knocks White House on its heels

The White House was knocked on the defensive Monday ahead of its biggest week yet on Capitol Hill as FBI Director James Comey confirmed the existence of an active investigation into Russia?s meddling in the presidential election, including whether there was any coordination with now-President Donald Trump?s team.

The dramatic revelation, made at a hearing of the House Intelligence Committee, dragged the Trump administration yet again back into uncomfortable territory just as it had hoped to highlight the smooth rollout of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, who began his confirmation hearings across the Capitol on Monday.

In another blow to Trump, Comey and National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers also publicly refuted his unsubstantiated claims on Twitter that President Barack Obama had ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower phones. The leaders of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees had said last week that Trump?s allegations were untrue.
                  -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Not my top choice but still far better than Hillary and the liberal left.

It's about time to plant my garden.
                    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                      Not my top choice but still far better than Hillary and the liberal left.
                      Not how it works numbnuts. You voted for him, you own it.

It's looking more and more that his campaign colluded with the Russians.

Were it not for technicalities, his campaign might have been acting as traitors.
                      Last edited by scfire86; 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM.
                      -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                        Not how it works numbnuts. You voted for him, you own it.

It's looking more and more that his campaign colluded with the Russians.

Were it not for technicalities, his campaign might have been acting as traitors.
                        Yes, I voted for him, and yes, he will be far better for this country than Hillary and the left ever could be. Were there better choices of the Republican side ... yes. But they didn't get the nomination. So Trump was the better of the two options presented.

And exactly where is your evidence that he colluded with the Russians? Because Flynn talked to the Russians after the election as a member of the incoming administration?

It's been 2 months since those charges were leveled and I have yet to see one thing other than talk by the left proving that. So where is exactly is your EVIDENCE?

The Russians were provided apparently, through a third party, Hillary's e-mails and they released them. There was nothing .... nothing ... in those e-mails that were made up or fabricated. The e-mails reflected how the Clinton and the Dems actually felt about the American population and how the media colluded with the Dems to get her elected. They put them out there and the American people decided that Hillary was not going to be our President, in part, because of the attitudes that her and the Dems demonstrated in those e-mails. Podesta's e-mails weren't hacked ... He fell for a fishing scam. And again, what was in those e-mails was not fabricated or changed. It was he wrote and what was written back to him.

The Dems like to say the Russians hacked the election. They did nothing to physically change the votes or manipulate the outcome. If they did, where is the proof? Did they influence how people voted? Maybe, but I suspect those who were not going to vote for her were not influenced to change their votes, and most of those who were, did, despite what the e-mails should about her character and the Democratic Party.

So when you can show us with evidence with would be admissible in court that Trump and the Russians colluded, bring it on.
                        Last edited by LaFireEducator; 03-21-2017, 06:18 PM.
                        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• I wonder if they're still holding grief sessions at colleges for the poor souls who can't handle the fact that Shillary lost...

I've lived through some sixteen presidential elections, and voted in a dozen of them. I can't remember a single election before this one that involved so much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the losing side.

We were given two very poor examples from which to choose. Fortunately, the lying career politician lost.
                          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

• This is how it really works: We ALL own it, regardless of how we voted.

Comment

• Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                              I wonder if they're still holding grief sessions at colleges for the poor souls who can't handle the fact that Shillary lost...

I've lived through some sixteen presidential elections, and voted in a dozen of them. I can't remember a single election before this one that involved so much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the losing side.
                              You must have not been paying attention in 2009 after Obama was sworn in.

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                              We were given two very poor examples from which to choose. Fortunately, the lying career politician lost.
                              I never thought she was a poor example. Click image for larger version

Name:	GOP Welcomed Obama.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	2073740
                              -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                                This is how it really works: We ALL own it, regardless of how we voted.
                                I don't. I voted for Clinton. I had no regrets and still don't.
                                -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90