Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take time to read, we need a little help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take time to read, we need a little help.

We are a small extremely rural fire department located in Blaine Kentucky in the eastern part of the state. We lost everything on 09-13-2013 when are station burnt. We did not insurance. We have worked hard and are running are station out of a litteral barn we run appoximatliy 120 to 150 calls a year. We are a full-service department doing all but EMS Transport. We lost all but one 1981 mini pumper that had are rescue equipment. We have been able to get a used 1989 pierce about 5 months back. We been able to equip it minimumaly. We were able to get a a 1998 6 man cab pierce low mileage and hours we were very lucky. We have applied for a AFG grant to equip this engine, but that could be months, even if its awarded. Right now the engine has 150 feet of 1 3/4 an a junk nozzle and 200 feet of 2 1/2 and 2 SCBA that 15 years old and that it is. We spend our coffers dry to purchuse the truck we are in desperate immediate need of 1 3/4 and2 1/2 hose, nozzles, and any lose equipment.
    Here is a link to the news article http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/F...223439341.html
    If you remotely close drop me an E-Mail at [email protected] or my call my cell 1-606-362-7677.
    Rev. Jason D. James; Asst. Chief (Ret), Chaplain, Training Officer, FTO, Safety Officer, PIO, IFSAC I, II, HAZ MAT TECHNICIAN, CCEMT-P, NREMT-P, FP-C, Kentucky Licensed Paramedic, Kentucky Fire Instructor, Kentucky EMT-B & Paramedic Instructor, EMD, Hostage Negotiator-Basic. High Angle Tech, Swift Water Tech. KY DOCJT Telecommunicator Academy Class 007 (2000).

Can't recall the name of the foundation at the moment - but they help out in situations like this.

The state fire marshal may at least be able to get word out for you on a more local basis:
    Office of the State Fire Marshal l 101 Sea Hero Rd., Suite 100 l Frankfort, KY 40601
    502-573-0382 (Telephone) l 502-573-1695 (Fax)
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Thanks - the name slipped my mind.
      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X