This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monuments

My Dept will be celebrating it's 100th Anniv in 2007. I'm kicking around the idea of everyone in my Dept of 300+ to give up $50 and buy some sort of monument for the cause. My questions are, Should I expect my fellow Firefighters to care enough about their Profession to give up 4 hours of their hard earned earnings? What answers should I have for those "what's in it for me" questions? Or "why should I spend my money for something like that and not the city"? Should I expect that maybe the retired Firefighters would also want to be given the opportunity too? Now, if I can get past all of that, can anyone tell me, how long does this type project(design and production) usually take? Does anyone have some companies in mind that maybe they have dealt with in the past? Can something nice be had for $15,000 or does it take more? How much more? I would appreciate any and all help that anyone can provide. You can either send the info to my email, (subject; monuments. PLEASE), listed in my profile or reply to this thread so others can share in the info as well. Thanks in advance to all

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Billy Mott ]

Comment

Well, looking at this from a financial standpoint, you have 6 years to raise this money. I'm not exactly sure how much money it takes, but I'm sure that in 6 years you could do it. Say for instance you can do it for the $15,000 you thought of, which might be possible for a small monument, if you make everyone give there share of that over the 6 years, well, then thats about a nickel a month...you get the idea, it can be done. Plus, you can incorporate the retirees, and even the civilian population into this, asking for donations. I don't know if you are paid or not, or what the departments finances are like, but the local government might even want in on this. Youngstown dedicated a memorial for their fallen firefighters in 1978, and it is really beautiful.

If you guys have a union, you could get them behind it. Its good press for the union, and they have the resources to do fundraising and the member base to work from if it can't be an internal department thing. Just some ideas...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X