Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Hey, anyone still here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

Nope, just tired of his boring, same old, same old, shtick. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over, dragging up crap that other people have moved on from, and he freely admits that he is here for nothing more than to agitate and stir the pot.
    You asked for a fight, and he popped a 2016 political issue. You bit, argued, and then ran away. You're worse than him...and certainly no better than anyone else here.

You've been gone for months and your addition to the forum is to pile on to his nonsense. Let me ask you a question, you like to beat on Bobby just like SCNONFire does...Have either of you super hero saviors of the fire service been asked to present at FDIC even once? Let alone the 3 times Bobby has? No? Then maybe you both should find something better to do than drag up old crap about him.
    Yawn. I've read his drivel for years on this forum. I know what he wrote. And he stuck by his cowardly BS, post after post. Why the **** would anyone want to listen to him yammer on at FDIC? I'm sure it's just more of the same crap.

I'm tired of this idiotic schitt. I played my part back then, but I'm out of it now. I met Bobby and he is an alright guy, will we always agree? Nope, I don't believe I always agree with too many people.
    Yeah? Well, maybe you should meet SC one day. I bet he's an "alright guy" too.

This site is dying because we can't ever discuss anything without someone dragging up that crap, even when it is absolutely unrelated to the original topic. Congratulations once again....
    Nah. This site died because of (among other reasons) pretentious asshats like yourself, who can dish it out, but can't take the heat themselves. Seriously...go back and review the majority of your posts over the years. One big, ****ing whinefest.
    Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post

You asked for a fight, and he popped a 2016 political issue. You bit, argued, and then ran away. You're worse than him...and certainly no better than anyone else here.

Yawn. I've read his drivel for years on this forum. I know what he wrote. And he stuck by his cowardly BS, post after post. Why the **** would anyone want to listen to him yammer on at FDIC? I'm sure it's just more of the same crap.

Yeah? Well, maybe you should meet SC one day. I bet he's an "alright guy" too.

Nah. This site died because of (among other reasons) pretentious asshats like yourself, who can dish it out, but can't take the heat themselves. Seriously...go back and review the majority of your posts over the years. One big, ****ing whinefest.
      Yawn, another internet super tough guy...So boring and predictable. I don't remember saying I was better than anyone else. Nice try but no points will be awarded.

I can take the heat, did it for years at the kitchen table. There is no need for me to take it from SC or you. The difference between me and you 2 is I moved on from that. I have admitted that I was a problem at one point, not even close anymore. Funny thing is many of the people whose opinions I actually care about communicate with me on facebook, they left here because of the constant BS.

Keep playing the bully...none of what you said to me or about me means schitt to me. Fortunately for me odds are I will never meet you or SC.

Have a nice life!
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

ANY-PHUCKING-WAY.......

Originally posted by FF-Andy View Post
        Hey fellas.

Hope you all have been well. Here's something fire related for us!

Got a good stop on Monday morning. Tones dropped as I was literally getting ready to take my first sip of coffee. Hauled azz to the hall and rolled the engine by myself. Arrived on scene to find flames blowing out the kitchen window of a cracker box style house. A cop beat me there and he was kind enough to flake the crosslay for me while I donned my gear. Charged the line, throttled up my pump, did my 360 and started the transitional attack (remember I'm still by myself, haters!) waiting for more help to arrive. I had knocked most of the flames down when my Chief and several others showed up. Chief and I went in and finished the job.

I am still a big fan of interior ops but the difference in temperature between strict interior and transitional is pretty amazing.

And are any of you on volunteer departments that have good man power during the day? We really struggle to get a decent number before 1600 or so.
        Good stop Andy! As has been mentioned here before, Fyred and myself did a non-scientific test at an acquired structure we had to burn down on my second POC department. With about a 10 second burst of water in a straight stream angled appropriately in the window and being held still... We dropped the temp from around 900 degrees F to 250-300 degrees F. When done right it's extremely effective, and allows us to enter a cooler area to finish killing the fire.

Both of my POC departments struggle heavily between about 0700 and 1700. Most everyone works out of town now, and even if they did work in town or close, there's not many places that are allowing people to leave for calls anymore in this area. The only thing that saves POC 1 AND POC 2 is the fact that both departments have 2 members a piece that work for the DPW, and they are allowed to respond to calls.

It's getting rough everywhere Brother.
        "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Hey fellas.

Hope you all have been well. Here's something fire related for us!

Got a good stop on Monday morning. Tones dropped as I was literally getting ready to take my first sip of coffee. Hauled azz to the hall and rolled the engine by myself. Arrived on scene to find flames blowing out the kitchen window of a cracker box style house. A cop beat me there and he was kind enough to flake the crosslay for me while I donned my gear. Charged the line, throttled up my pump, did my 360 and started the transitional attack (remember I'm still by myself, haters!) waiting for more help to arrive. I had knocked most of the flames down when my Chief and several others showed up. Chief and I went in and finished the job.

I am still a big fan of interior ops but the difference in temperature between strict interior and transitional is pretty amazing.

And are any of you on volunteer departments that have good man power during the day? We really struggle to get a decent number before 1600 or so.
          Nice job knocking down the fire. The transitional attack can work and work well when properly executed and it sounds like you did it perfectly. Good for that cop helping you out, I would bet that saved you precious seconds in getting water on the fire.

The sad truth, and one that never seems to be understood by urban firefighters is how hard it is to get and keep volunteers today. People lose interest, they have too much time invested in kids, work gets in the way, especially if that volunteer has multiple jobs, and something has to go. I have never responded by myself, but I have with only 2 on the first rig. Talk about a pucker factor! Sometimes all we can do is do the exterior thing because we don't have anyone else and mutual aid is coming but may not get there in time to effect the outcome positively.

Strong work Andy!!
          Last edited by FyredUp; 10-06-2016, 12:16 PM.
          Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Which is an interesting point. How many at FDIC have read his commentary here? Would they still hold him in the same regard if they realized this individual's commentary on tactics and strategy are antithetical to actually doing the job?
            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

It is so peaceful now. I know SC is posting but I just don't have to see it anymore.
              Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Thanks brothers Chenzo and Fyred! I took a call from my Chief yesterday. The insurance investigator called him specifically to tell him we did a great job and left him with lots to work with to determine cause. That was pretty rewarding! I LOVE IT when we win!!!

Comment

Thanks brothers Chenzo and Fyred! I took a call from my Chief yesterday. The insurance investigator called him specifically to tell him we did a great job and left him with lots to work with to determine cause. That was pretty rewarding! I LOVE IT when we win!!!
                  Excellent. Nice when the insurance company says nice job too.
                  Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Well, it would seem if his presentation was "yammering" that after the first year there wouldn't have been enough positive feedback to have him comeback this year, and then be invited back next year.

Let me know when you are presenting at FDIC. Otherwise it just kind of sounds like sour grapes on your part. Maybe you jealousy has turned you into a pretentious asshat that has nothig better to do that create a whine fest over Bobby's accomplishments at FDIC.

Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Fryred ...

Don't worry about those 2 idiots ..... The fire service has it's "Band of Fools" just like very other profession, and part of being a professional is letting them speak their peace and moving on.

Part of doing the job is to realistically assess what you can do without getting the members hurt. You know that, and while we disagree on some stuff we have come to the agreement that we each operate with a different set of manpower, experience and training limitations, and as such, what we can and can't do on the fireground will be very different. Apperently they don't understand that, or maybe they are too macho to acknowledge that. At the end of the day it's ALL about bringing my members home. Period.

AS far as FDIC, they do seem to enjoy my classes. In fact, this year's class is a first time submission, which says a lot about the reputation I have appeared to have developed. Hopefully you'll be abe to make it down this year. I put in for a Thursday AM time slot.
                      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Well, if I am still AC of Training I am good to go for FDIC next year. I would like to take your class.
                        Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                          Fryred ...

Don't worry about those 2 idiots ..... The fire service has it's "Band of Fools" just like very other profession, and part of being a professional is letting them speak their peace and moving on.

Part of doing the job is to realistically assess what you can do without getting the members hurt. You know that, and while we disagree on some stuff we have come to the agreement that we each operate with a different set of manpower, experience and training limitations, and as such, what we can and can't do on the fireground will be very different. Apperently they don't understand that, or maybe they are too macho to acknowledge that. At the end of the day it's ALL about bringing my members home. Period.

AS far as FDIC, they do seem to enjoy my classes. In fact, this year's class is a first time submission, which says a lot about the reputation I have appeared to have developed. Hopefully you'll be abe to make it down this year. I put in for a Thursday AM time slot.
                          What is the topic?

Comment

Small Boxes. Big Problems. Responding to Fires in Small and Medium Sized Box Stores With Limited Manpower.

Class is designed for response to small and medium sized box stores of less than 15,000 sf with typically less than 10 members. Heavy emphasis of the identification of manpower intensive issues during pre-planning, automatic mutual aid, transitional attacks and the go/no go decision making process.

Comment

Which is an interesting point. How many at FDIC have read his commentary here? Would they still hold him in the same regard if they realized this individual's commentary on tactics and strategy are antithetical to actually doing the job?

Told myself that I wasn't going to respond, but ...

Doing the job as an officer starts and ends with your members coming home. That is the job.

If while doing that, I can affect the outcome of the incident without my members - especially my volunteer member - becoming injured and missing time at home with the family and missing time from work (especially given that volunteers are not protected from missed wages in this state), I will. If the risk exists for injury, the actions will not be taken unless there is a high probability of saving a life. Property is not worth injury.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post

Told myself that I wasn't going to respond, but ...

Doing the job as an officer starts and ends with your members coming home. That is the job.

If while doing that, I can affect the outcome of the incident without my members - especially my volunteer member - becoming injured and missing time at home with the family and missing time from work (especially given that volunteers are not protected from missed wages in this state), I will. If the risk exists for injury, the actions will not be taken unless there is a high probability of saving a life. Property is not worth injury.

Have a nice day.
                                There is history here that pre-dates my time on this site.

But Isn't a risk vs reward analyses pretty much a universal requirement? Am I missing something?

My department is lightyears apart from a department like yours in many ways (staffing, resources, training, building construction/occupancy, etc). But a risk vs reward decision has to be part of both. And any department in between. Anyone disputing that is not someone I want to really have in a decision making role of any kind. Is it ignorance? False bravado? Something else?

We are blessed with quick response times and great staffing, among other things. Yet there are still fires at which we will not go interior. No one calls us cowards for doing so.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X