X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Denim jeans.

Hey Brothers,

I wanted to find out if any of you can still wear the FR jeans while on duty? Same goes for the winter work shirts? I miss being able to wear them on duty. What are your thoughts/oppinions?

To those of you who still wear the FR jeans, Can I ask where you get them from? I haven't seen any in a couple of years.

Thanks.

Work shirts (sweat shirt type things with denim elbows / collars) fortunately yes, my favorite thing in the winter.

Jeans, I haven't seen that before.

Comment

FHandz17 -

I love the workshirts too. The jeans I am talking about are almost like regular denim jeans except that they have the little red and black FR label above the back pocket indicating that they were fire resistant. I know that they were NFPA approved but I haven't seen any. I think it is because there is a bigger emphasis on "looking professional" these days. The jeans looked something similar to what is worn by sailors in the Navy. They used to be acceptable as duty dress just as the workshirts were.

Anybody know what jeans I am talking about or knows who makes them or if there is a brand name or something?

Comment

You might check with your local forestry department. I seem to remember one of the forestry guys here in Virginia or North Carolina talking about FR jeans back a few months ago. It seems to me that I have seen them in a state catalog too but its been a while back.
        "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
        (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

Comment

No idea whether they're NFPA approved or not, but if you can locate someone with PX priveleges, the navy still sells the FR dungarees in the uniform shop. Now, as to whether your dept. will allow them.... That's another question.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X