This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gear do you have in your car?

I was wondering what type of gear people have in there car besides their turn-out gear... (flashlights, flares, extinquishers)?
    Thank you FDNY, you will never be forgotten

Just a spair pair of socks, shirt, jeans, and shoes besides blue light. Personal vehicles are not allowed to the incident unless instructed by the chief or officer.

Comment

I carry my structural gear, and brush gear along with a wildland pack containing everything from a change of clothes, to an MRE, to 200 ft. of rescue rope. I also carry a BLS tramua kit, a 1.5 million candle power flash light, a 4 D cell mag light, collapsable shovel. I my gear bag for my bunkers I also carry some spare batteries, a 50 ft section of searh line, and 2 spare Garrity flashlights. The Brush gear get 2 2 quart canteens, a head lamp for fighting fire at night, a whiff mask and filters, and a small personal first aid kit. There is also a box a cylume sticks to mark roads to turn on at night in the more rural areas. thats in addition to the red lights and siren. I think thats all but who knows what else I can find in there that I have forgotten about. Yeah I know it is a lot but you never can tell what you will run up on out here and it really helps to be prepared.
      When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

I carry my gear, a Scott Air-Pak (Department issue to all Fire Officers),a Water Can, and a Halligan Bar.........in addition to a EMS O2 Bag.
        FTM - PTB

Comment

I have a spare tire, lug wrench and a jack.

Comment

i carry my red light, minor first aid kit(more for me then a patint),kabar knife,school books,spare tire,jack,several lug wrenches,me and what ever and who ever else i have in the car with me
            stay safe,stay healthy,above all else have fun
            2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
            nc firefighter/emt-d
            RFB-FTM

Comment

In my truck I carry a tool box with some assorted hand tools, a extigusher (so I can't spell!) a CB radio, ham radio, a flashlight, and in my toolbox on the bed I have some assorted trash and two fold up camp chairs and a fold up table, and a small 12V air pump, and some flares.
              Kyle
              www.chalfontfireco.com

Comment

I carry a flashlight, first aid kit, change of clothes, a dry-chem extinguisher, a couple road flares, spare tire, 4-way lug wrench, jack, a ton of pennies, a few empty soda cans, and usually my brother.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: SCAFDEXP ]
                Nick Funk "Bubba"
                Firefighter
                Grand Blanc Fire Dept.

Comment

I carry nothing. Our department requires us to respond to the station before going on a call. We cover several hundred square miles but we still have to go to the station to get suited up and grab a truck.

I don't figure I'd do much good even fully dressed out without a pumper, hose, and some backup going into anything.

We don't even allow ( although some do anyway ) any type of light on the vehicle. The one thing we do require is that the volunteers live within 3 miles of the city ( even though we serve a 20 mile radius and then some.
                  Shawn Shreves
                  Canyon Fire Department
                  35 vols, 3 paid, ISO-3
                  My opinion and nobody else's
                  ...and well worth what you paid for it!

Comment

Blue light and medical bag.We can respond to medicals if it is on way to station or real close to our home.
                    Fire calls everyone but the chief and asst.chief go to the station.
                    I have a friend that is the asst. director of a neighboring community ambulance service and he has everything but the AED and a strecther (yes he even has a backboard, straps and the like.)

Comment

Lets see, In my toolbox I have my bunker gear (pants, boots, coat, helmet, hood, gloves, goggles) in a mesh bag along with a folding spanner, cloth tape, flag tape, and a 2D Garity flashlight. I have a response toolbox with a couple flares, a flashlight, small first aid kit, snake bite kit, leather gloves, matches, trioxane fuels bars (good for starting controlled burns), space blanket and other odds and ends. I also carry a change of clothes and a light jacket. Somewhere buried in there is a 10# fire extinguisher and a reflective safety vest. In the cab, I carry another safety vest, a 3D maglite, a 1 million canldepower Spot light, a roll of blue shop towels, hand cleaner, towel, bandanas, a couple hats I wear on grass fires (I know I should wear a hardhat...), a Lowrance GPS, a pair of binoculars, a Buck Odyssey knife, a STORM safety whistle, duck tape, and what ever else gets thrown in there. Oh yeah, and sometimes my girlfriend I do have a Federal Signal Mini-Jet (all red) and MS4000 siren but neither have been installed yet, just haven't had the time. I carry all this because I live almost 15 minutes from the station and I am one of about four daytime responders able to do interior attacks. Yall stay safe and have fun.
                      Gabriel
                      FF/EMT
                      Nevada, Missouri
                      1*

Comment

be very careful carrying protective clothing in the car. Even in a gear bag, especially the mesh ones....UV degradation is a killer...
                        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                        ------------------------------
                        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                        BMI Investigator
                        ------------------------------
                        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Strobes frony and back
                          150' of inch an half
                          2 spanners
                          hydrant wrench
                          old 15 minute scottpack
                          full turnouts
                          digital camera
                          maps of entire county
                          6' hook
                          one set irons
                          portable pump with hard suction

Cover me hun im going in

Comment

Hey Jake your just too damn funny for us!!LOL I usually carry the wife a couple of kids and whatever they happen to through on the floor cause their too lazy to clean up after themselves. I ain't goin to no fire without at least an engine under my butt. We respond to the station no questions!!

Comment

I've got a tool box, a small BLS box, a dry chem extinguisher, my brush gear (so it doesn't disappear from my locker), some empty tupperware containers, a spare set of clothes for work, and my work out gear(I usually move that to the front seat so that I feel guilty if I don't work out). I do not respond to calls POV. Our SOG doesn't allow it and I agree. What good can I do on an MVA or structure fire without a fire truck. Also, responding POV wrecks havoc on accountability.
                              Stay safe and keep the officers guessing
                              Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X