This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Pretty cool picture! Is your training area on a burial site or the site of a significant incident? Have you had any other pictures come out like that?

Stay safe

Leave a comment:

• RJE
    replied
    Adam,

I lived in Southern Platte Co. (NW of KCMO, but close enough to be considered part of the metro.

Last two census (90 and 2000) it was the second fastest growing county in the state.

I don't even recognize most of the old neighborhoods anymore.

Like there's a 300,000 sq. ft. "Sam's Club" warehouse store on a field where we used to play pickup football. And the 2 lane county road the high school was on is now 6 lanes, and where there was 1 stoplight at the interstate, there's now 9 in a 1 mile stretch.

Leave a comment:

• firefighter15_wv
    replied
    You're kidding right?? That's the story?? All i read was descriptions of what people said they could see in the picture. You even said you would see if your lieutenant would give you THE REST OF THE STORY. So come on, let's have it, or do we have to buy the picture?

Leave a comment:

• huff317
    replied
    EastKyFF
    Where'd you learn about the memorial statue stuff? Not too many know that.

About the apparently Sioux brave on horseback, you are not alone. He rides the plains of the midwest in a neverending quest to save his people. Obviously, he hasn't quite fulfilled his mission, therefore he'll be riding until the end......At least, that's the way I heard it.

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    The story is on the first page...just check it out...its about the sixth post down...

Leave a comment:

• Michelle Latham
    replied
    Hey!!! What's the story behind your creepy picture with the guy on horseback with his arms in the air??? You're killing me here!!!

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    Hey My Missouri brothers....FH come down to nixa sometime and see if you can run a shift with us... We are always up there doing it... I'm sure you'd have some fun... Although it is much quieter down here as we only ran 1413 calls last year compared to your around 10,000......

Leave a comment:

• FHandz17
    replied
    Hey Hey Missouri brothers, thought I'd chime in.

Cool picture.

Grew up in Joplin, worked for Warrensburg F.D. in college, AMR in K.C., now in Kirkwood, never been thru Nixa, but I've been to Tulsa a few too many times, just kidding. Later.

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    where exactly in mo did you live dude???

Everyone keep posting I'm enjoying your SWAG's

Leave a comment:

• RJE
    replied
    Yeah, yeah, I know Adam. Nixa's not that small. But I lived in MO for >25 years, left in 1988, and still travel through occasionally (relatives still there).

You should see MY old hometown. The town went from 1800 pop in 1970 to 1800 pop. in 2000. But the 1000 people who lived on farms out "in the county" now number 300,000.

Leave a comment:

• hctrouble25
    replied
    Finally got it to open...whew! OK yes I see the horse and rider..but to the right and down it looks like someone holding a hose line..or the reign (spelling?) of the horse. Weird! Anyway, are you going to tell us the story or do we have to buy the picture?

Leave a comment:

• jdm2267
    replied
    I see flames from a fire that at the moment of the camera shutter opening, resembles a horse and rider. Wonderful coincidence. Someone should take pictures of flames and make an art form out of it. There's money to be made here folks!! Remember to give me a cut.

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    Okay Everyone... Here is the story behind the picture...

We were at a training fire one night and took pictures of it... It wasn't until we got the pictures developed that we noticed this man upon his horse. Upon further investigation, we discovered that it was an Indian Warrior as you can see by the feather upon his head which was atop his horse. We couldn't figure out what we did to make this guy mad but evidently he was there for a reason. Indian spirit guides and witch doctors and local news teams were here for months as we tried to figure out what was going on... We had the picture enlarged to 20"x16" and you wouldn't believe what people started to spot... Pictures of wolves... Other warriors and all types of things... You just wouldn't believe some of the things that people said they saw... Keep coming with the feedback, I'll try and get my lieutenant to give me the story behind all of it. I'll catch everyone later.

OH AND BY THE WAY.... Nixa now has a population of close to 20,000.... You can't blink and pass through it anymore... We are fairly large now.

Leave a comment:

• PA Volunteer
    replied
    Okay, picture of a guy on horseback (in flames). Now what's the story behind it???!!!

Stay Safe

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: PA Volunteer ]

Leave a comment:

• FF's SignfOthr
    replied
    The page pops up instantly for me, but only the top half-inch of the photo shows. Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to see it too.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X