This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Ghost Pictures

Hey Everyone.... I just wanted to know what you all saw in this picture...we took it at a training fire. There is an interesting story behind this picture... Tell me what you see and I will tell the story after I get some feed back...

http://www.nixa.com/nixafire/picture.htm

Adam Spencer
    Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa MO 65714

From what I see....it looks like a horse with its front legs up in the air..with a guy on the back with his arms up in the air? I definitley see a horse and somethin with arms in the air.... cant really make out to much of anything else...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Comment

Satan on horseback coming out of the firey pits of hell pretty cool description huh.
      Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Comment

From what I can see is a guy on a horse that got caught in flames. Looks like he's raising his arms to try to get some attention, or to try to flare at the flames or something like that. It's a pretty sweet picture!
        Joel

Lets never forget the events of 9-11

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Comment

Looks like a naked woman with a whip and...oh, wait, I went to naked.com, not nixa.com. Lemme see here...oh, yeah, definitely the horse thing. Whatever the other guys said. Can I go back to them nekkid pitchers now?

Let's REALLLY analyze it, though. If it is a horse, are you familiar with the significance of how the horse is carved on a statue of a military leader? If the horse is carved with all four hooves on the ground, the soldier returned home unharmed. If one hoof is off the ground, he was injured but survived. If the horse is up on two hooves, the soldier died in battle.

So put THAT in your pipe and smoke it for a second...

Looks like to me the General there has the two front feet off the ground there. You're in Missouri...a Civil War battle or two out there...If you really want to sell this picture, y'oughta see if you can find some genuine historical details of a slain soldier that would let you tie a story to the picture.

Neato photo.
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hey, I've been through Nixa! I blinked, though. (Just kidding).

I see flames, and not much else. Sorry.

Comment

Did anyone else have one heck of a time loading this page that he listed? I couldn't get on this page to save my life! It just sat and sat. I finally gave up. Sorry but I can't tell you what I see if I can't see it.
              Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

The page pops up instantly for me, but only the top half-inch of the photo shows. Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to see it too.

Comment

Okay, picture of a guy on horseback (in flames). Now what's the story behind it???!!!

Stay Safe

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: PA Volunteer ]

Comment

Okay Everyone... Here is the story behind the picture...

We were at a training fire one night and took pictures of it... It wasn't until we got the pictures developed that we noticed this man upon his horse. Upon further investigation, we discovered that it was an Indian Warrior as you can see by the feather upon his head which was atop his horse. We couldn't figure out what we did to make this guy mad but evidently he was there for a reason. Indian spirit guides and witch doctors and local news teams were here for months as we tried to figure out what was going on... We had the picture enlarged to 20"x16" and you wouldn't believe what people started to spot... Pictures of wolves... Other warriors and all types of things... You just wouldn't believe some of the things that people said they saw... Keep coming with the feedback, I'll try and get my lieutenant to give me the story behind all of it. I'll catch everyone later.

OH AND BY THE WAY.... Nixa now has a population of close to 20,000.... You can't blink and pass through it anymore... We are fairly large now.
                    Adam Spencer
                    Nixa Fire District
                    Nixa MO 65714

Comment

I see flames from a fire that at the moment of the camera shutter opening, resembles a horse and rider. Wonderful coincidence. Someone should take pictures of flames and make an art form out of it. There's money to be made here folks!! Remember to give me a cut.

Comment

Finally got it to open...whew! OK yes I see the horse and rider..but to the right and down it looks like someone holding a hose line..or the reign (spelling?) of the horse. Weird! Anyway, are you going to tell us the story or do we have to buy the picture?
                        Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know Adam. Nixa's not that small. But I lived in MO for >25 years, left in 1988, and still travel through occasionally (relatives still there).

You should see MY old hometown. The town went from 1800 pop in 1970 to 1800 pop. in 2000. But the 1000 people who lived on farms out "in the county" now number 300,000.

Comment

where exactly in mo did you live dude???

Everyone keep posting I'm enjoying your SWAG's
                            Adam Spencer
                            Nixa Fire District
                            Nixa MO 65714

Comment

Hey Hey Missouri brothers, thought I'd chime in.

Cool picture.

Grew up in Joplin, worked for Warrensburg F.D. in college, AMR in K.C., now in Kirkwood, never been thru Nixa, but I've been to Tulsa a few too many times, just kidding. Later.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X