This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDH on Pierce Aerials

All of you with 4 or 5" hose on a Pierce Lance Aerial....

What hose loads are you using???

We use 5" packed in a standard flat lay. We have found that if you put all the couplings forward at the bulkhead as many do with LDH packs, the couplings grab sections as they come out and block up the chute. You have to be real careful when you pack the hose so that it will play out in line with the "chute" or "trough" or whatever you want to call it. And dont dare lay it as fast as you would driving an engine. We carry 800 feet. Oh, yeah.....when you pack it, dont forget to put the stick UP!
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

We have 5" and load it as a flat load but lay it perpendicular (side to side) to the chute. And keep all the couplings on the side with the chute, and keep the couplings in the order they will come out. Works pretty well for us.

Comment

We flat lay 5" hose. Like stated above, you have to raise the ladder to pack it. We found that if you turn the ladder to the right it helps. ArmyTruckCompany is right, you have to keep the couplings lined up against the forward bulkhead. If not, you'll will not get as much hose in there. You had better have a full crew for this job.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: BG204 ]

Comment

FLAT
          09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
          ------------------------------
          IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
          "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
          BMI Investigator
          ------------------------------
          The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Smoke,
            I don't know about you, but we have to be VERY creative with our 5" while loading our Lance Quint. Our Lance was specked with a 500 gal. tank instead of the normal 300 gal. size. The first few folds go in flat, and as the bed drops down to the passage from the bed to the rear of the truck we fold a few lengths vertically. The rest is flat load in the tube (if you will) going to the rear. It is a head-ache. All because of the larger 500 gal. tank we carry. But the 300 gal. tank might not be enough if we had it.

-----------------------------------------

Stay safe IAFF Local 1937

Comment

We carry 1000' of 5" in a flat load, which deploys off of the P/S chute. We also have 600' of 3" flat loaded, which comes out the D/S chute. Out truck has the newer style doors for the sides of the hose chutes -- makes loading the hose a lot easier!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X