X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFD270
    replied
    LMAO!!! YOU GUYS THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!

This Chicken**** won't even respond to this thread anymore.... Shows you what kind of a person he is... The less firefighters like him we have in the world... THE BETTER!!!

Sorry 522.... I guess we could always send him to ARKANSAS!!! OR BETTER YET FRANCE!!! LETS GET RID OF HIM AND THE BAD NAME HE GIVES TO AMERICAN FIREFIGHTERS EVERYWHERE!!!! SPEAK UP BOOBALLS I WANNA HEAR WHAT YOUR RETORT TO THIS IS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eng522ine
    replied
    Adam Spencer ... I think I can speak for the rest of my state on this one... WE DON'T WANT HIM!!! He is the kind of lazy slack-*** punk that gives NJ a bad name!!! I'm also pretty damn sure BooHooBarrie here could find out pretty easily that his old dept in NJ wouldn't accept out-of-state training certs (except, of course, NR-EMT's), so all of this should have come as no surprise to him.

Cry on BooHooBarrie......

Leave a comment:

• pzl
    replied
    This is a fundamental "problem" with the general nature of the Fire Service. The simple fact is when a new member comes into a department the other members need time to "size up" the new member wheather they've had two weeks of expirience or two decades. Like just about everyone else on this thread had said; you need to beable to trust them. I'm not saying that making a previously certified FF go through and take FF 1 all over again is right. (I have had to go through simmilar things several times. My father had to go through being the new guy a half a dozen or so times because he was always getting transfered to new jobs)
    You just have to take all of the training you can and be nice about it. Eventually they will let you play too.

Leave a comment:

• shrewsjr
    replied
    FFJBarrie...Why is it that someone as dedicated to serving the community as you seem to be is having such a problem with going through the rookie class again? If my understanding is correct, the FD that you are speaking of has a 2 1/2 day rookie class. From what I know they also provide the lunch during those days. The class starts on Friday and ends on Sunday. Don't you think that someone of your stated experience would be an asset to any instructor that my be conducting a session? Also, you could implement some changes that your vast experience shows is a better way of doing things.

This FD is nothing like you say. I am most likley the biggest screwup in the dept... I screw up. They give me crap. I get mad. I get over it. They recently added extra shifts for the volunteers so that they could be first out.
    So what if someone is getting us great deals on equipment, either personal or departmental, that we would not be able to otherwise afford. His price is lower than anyone else's. If he makes a little off of it, what's your complaint?

GROW UP, GET OVER IT and GET A LIFE

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    OOPS!!! SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING EVERYONE... GUESS IN MY FIT OF ANGER I HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON TWICE OR SOMETHING!!! HAVE A SAFE SHIFT!!!

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Adam Spencer ]

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    HEY BOOBARRIE....more appropriately...BOOBALLS.....QUIT YOUR WHINING.... I READ THE OTHER THREAD, and you had my sympathy until I heard the truth from who sounds like is your CHIEF! Then I read this one and Your story has completely changed. Lying gets you no where, and I don't see how you have the nickname BOOBARRIE anyway because it seems to me... THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BROTHERS!!! YOU'VE IINSULTED THEM ALL!!! I Couldn't NOR wouldn't blame them for not wanting your sorry butt on their department... I certainly wouldn't want you up here on our department. We haven't got time for you and your constant bitching about how you don't get your way. Get a life man... PUT UP WITH THE SOPS AND RULES OR GO BACK TO NJ WITH THE OTHER EAST COASTERS WHERE YOU THINK YOU BELONG!!! BETTER YET!!!!! GET OUT OF FIRE AND EMS!!!!!! I was being light on this post cuz if I let my true feelings flow, I would be all out rude!!!!

These are my opinions only!!! NO ONE ELSES!

(WELL EXCEPT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD)

No offense to the east coasters.... specially not you gonzo.... I admire you...

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Adam Spencer ]

Leave a comment:

• Eng522ine
    replied
    FFJB... quit your damn whining. I'm in my 3rd probie year. Well, more correctly, I'm now with my 3rd company serving my probationary year. Mind you, all three of the companies I have belonged to are all in the same town! Yes, it TOTALLY SUCKS having 5 years in, state certified FF/EMT, etc... and being a probie again but, I decided to move, as did you, and I knew the consequences, as did you. I don't know why you seem to feel you deserve special treatment, the rules say what they say and apparently you have a group of professionals on your hands that believe in following the rules. You're nobody special, just another set of hands that need to be proven to this department. So, my suggestion to you would be.... GET OVER YOURSELF and do what needs to be done.

Leave a comment:

• fireman8880
    replied
    WOW this topic thread sure got quiet!!!!

Leave a comment:

• fireman8880
    replied
    I have to agree with most everyone's replys that you should just suck it up. Yeah you were the quiet one that showed up at the station but I don't remember you showing up all the times to go over the trucks. hmmm?? Nope don't remember, but I do remember you always finding time to come by the station and tie up the phone lines for long periods of time. I can only remember you being at few calls. Lets be specific. According to records you were an active member from 10/28/99 through 9/13/00. In that time which doesn't add up to a year and a half you made 12 training meetings out of a possible 48 give or take a few for holidays. You managed to make it to a scene or standby at the station 89 times out of 1,271 total calls. Your total man hours for scenes totaled 71.93 hours. 1 year at a department barely gives time for anyone to become use to you and your work habits. Most departments, career or volunteer, have a 1 year probationary time in which you can't even go to the restroom without telling someone in most cases. This department is very laid back in most aspects and I don't think you need to be bashing it on the internet where it'll be seen by other members of that dept. I've been hear six years and it took me almost 4 hard years to earn the hours for basic cert through SFFMA. Now being commisioned I have the time in to be advanced through SFFMA but it still doesn't make me the perfect firefighter. SFFMA is very picky about training hours and where they can be submitted from. NJ standards may be different from what SFFMA looks for. According to record you had 239 hours towards the basic certification which requires only 167 hours. However you lacked sufficient hours in 7 catagories. I can't tell you if all of your hours transferred from NJ or not, your file doesn't have any copies of certs from anywhere in the world. I'm sorry you felt this to be a burden on you and a waste of your time to relearn the basics that are SO important to all of us in the line of duty. Good luck to you in the future and HAPPY TRAINING!!!!!
    ROOKIE!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• nichmar
    replied
    check out the post from FD111 in "how's this for mud in you eye" interesting huh!

Leave a comment:

• huff317
    replied
    Jaws,
    You said it all just about. And as far as not trusting some of the ones you know, that is pretty much the nature of the beast for vollie departments---"you dance with the one who brung ya".
    Boobarrie, chill out man, things will work out. You know this. Just take all this advice, suck it up, and press on. Be a trooper, and impress by actions, not words, it WILL work out.
    BTW, I, too, have been in about 6 years, and I don't even have FF 1 to show for it. I have PLENTY of experience, but I learned a little too late that keeping up with your own training records is as vital in the Fire service as it is in the military. So, I only have just under a 100 hours for all that time. IT IS very frustrating at times, but ya just gotta do what cha gotta do. In this case, I'm just gonna keep on fightin fire, certs or no certs, till the fire tells me I HAVE to quit!

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: huff317 ]

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Hendricks
    replied
    just think about how good you'll be after going through the academy again. Time to suck it up brother, and all your experience could possibly help others in the academy. You need to prove that you know your stuff...Also the 13 meetings are to rub shoulders with the others. Im a paid f/f in a combo dept and we get new vollies all the time, some work out some dont. I dont rely on any that i dont know, and some that i do no i dont think i can count on. Im not bad mouthing my department its just the truth. Experience, training, a positive attitude and good old fashoned common sense can take you a long way.

Leave a comment:

• boobarrie
    replied
    i understand the part of going through the rookie class, or any other type of refresh course. That is a great way of making sure someone knows what they say they do..but my thoughts on doing it twice doesn't change. If you run a dept, and a new guy/gal comes in and joins...they do the things you ask, and become a full voted member. Then they run with your dept as an active member for the next year, without incident. And move from there and then move back within a few months later, do you really need to make them go through the same thing you put them through a year and a half ago? "This is a hose,...this is a portable extinguisher.."

I am 100% for training. I attend all the drills I possiblly can, as well as classes. You do learn something new every day. I am totally aware of that point. But, to make a former "Member" go through basic orientation to the fire service twice in that short of a period just doesn't seem like a good use of time. Am I right? Shouldn't they be more concerned with letting me further advance my knowledge and experience by attending classes that better suit my training level? Example..If I am firefighter I, shouldn't they try to encourage me to go for firefighter II or something similar? Why the old "this is a hose...this is a portable extinguisher..." routine?

I'm not saying that I am too good for training meetings, or drills or anything. Like I said, I attended all I could while I was there before. I may have missed 2 or 3 in a year and a half...out of 4 per month. I love going to drills, I find it fun as well as knowledgable. Dalmation90, I'm not trying to whine, I'm simply stating my opinion...if you don't like it..please don't reply...because you are only making yourself look bad. I could care less about how other think of my opinions...because they are only opinions...I do what I am asked and if I disagree this strongly, I voice that opinion in the way I feel may help me. If it doesn't help me...then I may learn something in the process.

Leave a comment:

• ggtruckie
    replied
    Every department is differant, and so are thier techniques, it is important for every member of a team to know what the plays are. Our department does the same thing, it doesnt matter if you were the chief of another fire department you still have to go throught the basics to make sure that you are on the same page. then after that previous experiance will be taken into account. Ive only been a firefighter for 6 years and i still practice throwing ladders. So i would not take it as an insult just do the training it really isnt that much. and just because they are paid does not mean they want you out, even volunteers are weary of new recruits.

Leave a comment:

• Dalmatian90
    replied
    Any body have some cheese & crackers? We have some really fine wine in this thread.

It is the same thread, sorry for the facts.

All the training and certification you have doesn't mean squat coming into a new organization.

They are, after all, *not* asking you to repeat Firefighter I from what I've read. 13 training meetings is a hell of a lot less hours than that. Learning the trucks and equipment, learning there own procedures, getting used to the particular tactics & strategies they use isn't repeating FFI.

You don't respect them, they're not going to respect you. That's the core of what probationary training or whatever you call it is about -- earning respect and building confidence between teammates. Your not doing anything to gain it my whining on the internet.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X