This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Service Fined After Investigation of Fatal Blaze

The Lexington County Fire Service has been fined $3,240 for violating state safety regulations after an investigation into last month's death of firefighter Jeff Chavis.

Am I not the only one that finds it appalling and a slap in the face to every brother and sister on the job, with the low SC OSHA fines?

Come on, seven serous violations here. Serious violation being described as violations that may lead to death. Why even fine them at all !

Until we start holding Fire Chiefs and their administration accountable for there actions or lack there of, things will never change.

Still wondering why NFPA 1710 and 1720 are needed?

God Bless you Jeff….

I think if you look at the Sc OSHA law, you will find that they propbably have an antiquated fine structure that they are working off of.

The civil case will be a nightmare for them if there is one.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

<>

A serious citation or violation means that the employee is subjected to a potential recordable injury, stitches etc, it does not mean death.

A fine is used based on Federal OSHA regulations and fine structure. SC uses the same structure as the Feds and the same application as would be used for any fatality investigation.

Do the fines need adjustment? Yes.

Is it going to bring back our brother? NO.

Might it prevent another death? God, I hope so

Stay safe

Kevin

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse