This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke smell in Hair

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get smoke smell out of your hair after a hot fire?
    "They Light'em We Fight'em" " You Call WE Haul"

I know this sounds a bit far fetched but this is an old trick that has been passed down to me over the years and i will be more than happy to let you in on it.
    While you are in the shower just urinate in the shampoo just a little and wash you hair with it. It's that simple and I garuntee your hair will not smell like smoke anymore.

Comment

Why would you want to get rid of the smell???

Tom
      The Fire Service ... where there is a right way, a wrong way, the Chief's way, the Deputy's way, the Captain's way, the Lieutenant's way ....

Comment

Do what I do - shave your head. **LOL**

This way there is no hair to worry about

(Sorry I couldn't resist)
        "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
        -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Comment

OMG! This is an easy one.
          Use Dr. Bonner's Castile Soap - Peppermint.
          If you have never used it, it will be an experience.
          I almost forgot ... apply it to the head and hair and shampoo with it. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
          It also works great as an all over body wash.
          "He who saves a single life, is said to have saved the entire world." TM

Comment

My girlfriend who is a firefighter medic says her mom tells her to use vinegar to wash, rinse and then wash your hair in normal shampoo...the new head and shoulders brand works well...

Also have heard that tomato juice works well.

Once again the childish and unprofessional opinions of Barney Vinton hold true to form!
            09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
            ------------------------------
            IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
            "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
            BMI Investigator
            ------------------------------
            The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I just follow the directions on the label of the shampoo..lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat...damn, now I'm out of shampoo!

Could Barney Vinton be another alter ego of one of the Firehouse.com damned?

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

lol @ FP&LS! I agree! Its better than how my hair smells after a night of bartending, thats for sure!!

I'd use a deep-cleansing or "clarifying" shampoo. Then (if you men DARE...lol), use a deep conditioner (Bath and Bodyworks works well).

I know of some guys that CANT get it out of their hair...it just gets less and less with each haircut! My roommate prefers to keep his head shaved bare.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: bgfdchick ]
                We're all in this together. FDNY 9-11-01

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...