This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighters with Prosthetics

Gentlemen, I need some information on working firefighters with prosthetics. I may have to fight to keep an excellant firefighter who just lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. Does anyone here have info on firefighters currently working with such a condition, and were there any special requirements established for qualification.

Thanks all
    Gary
    [email protected]

Volusia County Florida just had a guy last week return to work after he lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. There is a story about it on their web site , the story is about a week old, and talks about his preparations to take the test. Most of the media in the central Fla. area were there when he took the actual test, and I'll tell ya what, he didn't get any special treatment, and didn't need any, this guy kicked butt!!!! He ended up taking and passing the required physical fitness test. It makes you wonder why we all complain about the little things that go along with this profession, and all this guy wants is to be a line firefighter again.

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: e53NSB ]

Comment

We have a guy with a prostetic leg from below the knee. He started out as a junior at 15 and progressed well the past four years. He is going to attend a firefighter paramedic program that will get him up to a fire officer I cert as well as his paramedic with the goal of becoming a career firefighter. He performs well and has been an inspiration to the company.

Comment

One of our members has a prostetic leg from a motorcycle accident. He was a member prior to the accident, and aside from not being able to run quite as fast, he is still a valuble member of the team, and can do all the necessary jobs just a well as any of us other "vollies" in the team.
        "Play safe y'all - cheers from Malahat FD."
        Malahat27: "Play safe y'all."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...