This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endangered Species Act

Just read an article about the Endangered Species Act and the recent tragedy that killed 4 firefighters. The article talked about the US Fish and Wildlife regulations regarding wildland fires.

The article stated the following:

"Wildland fires represent an emergency under the Endangered Species Act and that in no circumstances is emergency response to be delayed or obstructed because of Endangered Species Act considerations."

US Fish and Wildlife policy expressly states "Under no circumstances should a Service representative obstruct an emergency response decision...where human life is at stake."

I am not trying to Monday morning quarterback. I was not there and do not know all of the facts. Besides, that will not bring back the fallen. All we can hope is that due to this tragedy, the word will get out about these regulations and this will never happen again. If you would like to read the entire article, it can be found at the Fire Engineering website.

fe.pennnet.com/home.cfm[/URL]

Sorry can't get the link to work

Stay safe out there everyone!

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: NY Smokey ]
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

No offense, NYSmokey, but you're a day late and a dollar short...look for the thread called "Sickening..."

This has already been discussed there.

Take care!
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

BucksEng91,

I believe the article I referred to was written after your original post. I expressed my sympathy for the families on your post "Sickening" so I was aware of its existence. I was just letting people know the "official" response from the US Fish and Wildlife Service. If it was mentioned on one of the last pages of your post I apologize I guess I could have responded on the end page of yours!

Stay safe out there!
      Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse