Volunteer needs answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer needs answers

does any body know of any kind of volunteer fire fighters relief law, in alabama? something that would prevent termination of disciplanary action from one's employer for absenteeism as a result of a fire call,any websites that would provide info would be appreciated.

I don't know about Alabama, but when I was in New Jersey, they had a law that states if you are called to a civil duty, ie fire, your employer cannot terminate you for it. They only thing they can do legally, is to not pay you for the time off. The other side of that is that they can try to find other things to fire you for as there way of showing you whose boss! Now I live in Texas and it is the right to work state. Meaning, if an employer doesn't like you he can fire you without just cause. On the same token, if you wake up and hate your job, you can stay in bed and quit without retribution as well. As far as fires go, the last thing I heard was it is up to your employer. I know this may not help in Ala., but maybe gives you a little insite to other states. Don't give up your search. PS..try the Alabama State home page. Follow links to DOT, DPS, or what ever you have there.
    FFJBARRIE<br />MY BROTHERS CALL ME "BOOBARRIE"

Comment

Ohio has a new law, just a few months old that says an employer can't terminate you for being late if you are a volunteer FF - EMT. Its OHio house bill 186 if that will help.
      Sorry I don't know anything about Alabama but good luck. Contact your state rep in the House of Reps. its a great law that I think anyone would be happy to sponsor.

Scott Henry
      www.miamivalleyfools.org

Comment

The answer is yes, here is the law:
        http://www.legislature.state.al.us/c.../36-21-160.htm

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse