Clear All

• Not just guys anymore...

http://www.telegram.com/gallery/slid...men/index.html

Matt Kivela
    Computer Systems Administrator,
    Worcester Telegram & Gazette
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Great story and slideshow! We just had our first female firefighter appointed to the Marlborough Fire Department: Laura Styn, the daughter of Marlborough Firefighter Alsenio "Sandy" Ercolani, Group 2, Ladder 2.

She just began orientation and will be attending the Massachusetts Fire Academy in ther near future.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Awesome..you go girls!!! I am so proud of these women for going for it. Way to go!
      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

Congrats ladies, and kudos to WFD. The slide shows were great! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Great article and slide show. I really enjoyed it. Youngstown has had women on the job for about ten years now, and as of now, I think there are 10 women out of 148 FF's on the job.

Congratulations to them and all of the new firefighters in Worcester!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X