Clear All

• Mike DeVuono
    replied
    Here's another one:
    www.fdny-studyguides.com

Leave a comment:

• Jmatteau
    replied
    I just took the City of Willimantic test, and it wasn't so bad. I would recommend studing basic math, geomitry, mechanics, and english. The English section was a killer, I consider myself to be fairly smart, but there was one out of about 25 questions I have ever even heard of. I don't know why they make that section so hard, but I can't imagine anybody taking that test could have passed it unless they were a english major. Hopefully that is just that dept. but if not, study up, and good luck...Stay Safe...Jay

Leave a comment:

• ArmyTruckCompany
    replied
    Check out the bookstore, Library or Amazon.com for a copy of BARRONS Firefighter Exams.....There are always recent (complete, with answers) tests from FDNY and Philly. in the bookstores, they're always in "Self-Help" or where other civil service test items are located.

Leave a comment:

• bgfdchick
    replied
    When you sign up for a test, many departments offer study guides, which are kind of helpful.

There really isn't a way to "study" for a test, but perhaps brushing up on skills (basic math, memory, etc.) will help.

Some departments execute a personality assessment with the test (work history/ethics, etc.). This is what tends to screw people from the get-go...some of the questions can be tricky. You need to be saavy to them, but don't lie!!!

I think there are several books out there. You might want to check those out too. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Daron
    replied
    Check out this web page. It may be what you are looking for. We just bought this program for designing an officer's test for our department. It is a long list of questions listed by category from IFSTA training manuals. You can choose the ones you want to put on a test and add some more of your own for your dept. It will also create an answer sheet for you and/or random choose questions for you. It is fairly easy to create a different test every time or the same test in a different order, which ever is better for you. Also on this website is a demo program that may help you out for what you are looking for.http://www.firedept.net/fits/
    Hope this helps

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Daron ]

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Freeze
    replied
    I don't know of a website that has stuff on it, but testing manuals from the library are a good place to start if you haven't already. I've taken tests that have been verbatim from Barron's or ARCO manuals, pictures and all.

Leave a comment:

• FFsSignfOthr
    started a topic What's on the test?

What's on the test?

Is there a site somewhere with sample firefighter tests? I would like to see the kinds of questions they ask. It would help me understand a little more about what you need to know to become a firefighter. (I already have a description of what is expected on the PAT.)

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X