This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildland Fire Business

I have been really concidering starting my own business. I am being told I am crazy by people I know. I really have done a lot of thinking about it. I would like to buy 5 engines ( a strike team). I have been thinking about doing this in Nor California. My thoughts are contracting with the Feds, state and Insurance companies. I included insurance companies because in California there is a lot of homes in areas they dont belong. Is it moraly correct to charge people to prevent their homes / business from burning in a forest fire. I have been wondering what the ethics of that would be. The start up costs of this is VERY HUG 2 Mill. I am researching right now on government loans / grants. What is your thoughts on this? Is it right to do this kind of work and any ideas on how to start this would greatly be appricated too. Thanks Jim [email protected]

There are a whole bunch of private companies that contract with the Fed/State/local governments for fire protection. They provide equipment, personnel and other resources, in exchange for a fee. Almost all of the Air Tankers and Helicopters are privately owned.

Many fire departments supplement their budgets by sending units to the big "project" fires.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X