This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CREEPY.........

I have some of the strangest things happen to me. Just the other night at an MVA/extrication scene, my Captain and myself were changing back into our civvies to cool off until the S.O. was done marking off the measurements. Well......I spied about a dollar in change(hey, that's worth pickin' up!) near the back of the medic unit where he had got out of his bunks. So I go and scoop some up, start to tell him "here, you dropped..." and he and the deputy both were like "did you pick that up over there?!" "put it down, that was her (decedents) money, that's way bad luck to keep" "let some other poor bastard pick it up!"
    Question: Y'all ever heard of this? Guess I have had my head under a rock, or some cribbing, the last six years of doing this, cause I sure had a stunned look on me face. I reckon I never really had enough time at a scene before to notice and pick up things, unless you count the time I secured that .380 automatic, but that's another story.

Anyone know of any other "unusual" or "strange" traditions or customs either on-scene or at the "house"?
    Oklahoma Bound!

MMMM Never heard that one before. Several years ago we recover a ice fisherman who had been missing over night. Recover all his gear and bought it all up on shore. The deceased man's wife was there to watch the recoverery. When the BC asked her what she wanted with his gear , she say to throw it all away. Well, I can say it was put to good use by some of the Ice fisherman from the dept. Also the off duty divers enjoy the ice cold beer from his cooler during the hot shower back at the station.
    Before you get red with me, I'm not a ice fisherman and I was on duty and the lowly private with no say in anything.
    And no, no bad luck became of anybody. In fact either the people retire or got promoted other the years.
    Old School...Learning New Tricks
    http://members.home.net/dly135/welcome.htm

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...