This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many departments in your state.

Another post is about the big states getting the most fire grants? I know that Texas has almost 260,000 square miles or 254 counties.
    We have almost 1500 fire departments.(could be more or less.) I think that more than 1200 have some volunteer memebers. How many departments in your state. In my county of 1000 square miles there are 10 dept with 9 departments covering an area of 400 square miles and one covering 600 square miles plus mutual aid to 3 other counties.

Connecticut has, more or less, 315 Fire Departments.

I'd guesstimate about 80 of the 169 Towns in Connecticut have a single town-wide fire departments, while the other Towns have either multiple town-funded departments or have multiple independent fire districts/Cities/Boroughs within their boundaries. I'd also guess 30 or so are career, and another 90 are combination -- could be off, but that's my gut feeling.

My dispatch center covers 12 Towns protected by 35 Fire Departments and 4 Ambulance Corps ranging from single, town-wide town-funded departments to towns with 6 Fire Departments funded by 9 Fire Districts, and one town with 5 departments without significant tax-support. All fire is volunteer, Ambulance Corps are combo or full-time paid. Population of about 85,000 in roughly 450 square miles.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...