Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me correct my numbers now that I know how to cut and paste....

Vehicles 13.1 million of 15 million
    Unknown award for $22,000
    Training 4.8 million of 6.5 million Fire Prevention 363,000 of twelve million
    The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

.... you don't have the same need as we do. I don't know what your need is. All I know is our need is great and we didn't get the money we needed....

Shall we compare? Lucky huh? Prove your need, we did. Let's compare.

Comment

Here's to the people that think they have the need.

If your local goverment had collected the proper tax monies, Your problems would be solved.

Don't reach into my pockets for your local problems. I view this as a donation without the write off.
        FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

I noticed that thunter 16148 recieved notivication that they would be recieving a grant in the PPE catagory. Congrats., but this now has me a little worried about our Dept. This catagory is the most important one to us. Although our requested amount is not as large as "thunter 16148" grant, it is what we need to outfit the 63% of our volunteers who do not have any turnout gear. As of today, I haven't recieved a letter or phone call. However; I still have my fingers crossed. Even though they're very tired by now.
          Our tax base is very limited here. We were happy to have our budget increased from $2,000/yr to $4,000/yr. That got us a couple sets of turnouts. I thought that that we proved our need pretty darn well. The citizens here are already paying through the nose on mill levies for improvements to the school district, water and sewer sytems, to ask for another mill increase would be like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip. I don't believe that the Feds should be solely funding Depts., and this grant is very much needed all across the country. All we hope for is a fair shot at chance to greatly improve the safety of the volunteers on the dept. This could do that in one application what would otherwise take us ten years to accomplish. That, I feel is what this grant is suppose to do, whether it does is still to be seen. One thing I am sure of is, that if we get approved, the safety of 63% of our vol. firefighters will greatly improve.
          These are just my thoughts and in no reflect the views of any one organization.
          BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!
          sigpic
          "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse