This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Incident Rehabilitation

After realizing some serious deficiencies I've taken on a project to develop a CME/Training Lecture on Emergency Incident Rehabilitation for Fire/EMS agencies in my area. One in which I will deliver to other paramedic and EMT's of surrounding agencies. What I'd like to know is how many of your depts and/or covering EMS agencies have a SOG dedicated to Rehab. How was it greeted by the personnel in your FD. And what parameters are used for 1)when to enter rehab 2)inital length of stay in rehab 3)physiological signs for longer rehab time, and/or on-scene advanced treatment, and/or transport to the hospital. I've found some on departmental websites, and am just looking for some more info to use as references, other then just my FEMA/IFSTA/Paramedic/Emergency Medicine books.

Thank you for any time or info you give!!

Wow, I'm shocked. I figured that some of you bunker pants and nomex hoods are killing us from too much heat and stress guys, would have very detailed and elaborate rehab guidelines.

Still looking for any input.

Thank you?!?

Comment

Yes, we do have some specific guidelines.

Here is an overview...

1... To be used on some trainings as well as incidents

2. We use at least 1 BLS Amb, a Support Truck (water, food, etc.), and other personnell as needed.

3. minimum 15 min in rehab after 40 min of work.

4. Food is called to the scene when we anticipate more than 3 hrs work. Usually Fruit is obtained for shorter incidents

5. Vitals taken after 15 min... Pulse over 110, remain in rehab, Temp over 100.6, no more work in gear, remain in rehab.. B/P Systolic over 150, stay, B/P Diastolic over 100 remain.

6. 10 min later Vitals taken again... same guidelines, and contact Medical Control for direction. We also use ALS for these folks.

7. Officers bring their whole group in together, and usually leave together.

8. We document all vitals during rehab.

I think that's about it. There is stuff on responisbilities, etc. And we do use rehab on most incidents. Although the 50 deg days it isn't stressed as much, we usually see it, esp on my shift.

Comment

NOT THAT I'M ON A "JEMS" KICK BUT NOV 2000 COVERED IT FAIRLY WELL. AND I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN ABOUT THE FEAR OF USING THE BIG COMPANIES MAKING ALL THAT MONEY OFF US CRAZY FF THAT GO INTO PLACES THE RATS ARE LEAVING TECHNOLOGY BUT I GUESS BEING IN EMS WE LOVE NEW TOYS SO I GUESS I LIKE CHANGE.
        M. Cory Myers
        NREMTP/FF
        it's better to load N go then stay N play

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse