Clear All

• BIG GAME

image removed due to unanticipated hostile response

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: KillerB ]

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: KillerB ]
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

This isn't even funny I, for one, am not impressed.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

Right... let's put this under the "Incredibly Poor Taste" category.

Perhaps now would be a good time to click that Edit Post button and delete that picture.

Comment

Thanks

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: pfr172 ]

Comment

It might be in poor...or rather VERY poor taste, but it's pretty much on the money.
          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Sometimes the TRUTH really hurts!
            Bob Compton
            IACOJ-Proud
            IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Comment

pfri72, plese don't shoot the messenger, I think he was only showing us what the media has for insensitvity, at least I hope thats what his point was.

Comment

I apologize for offending some of you.

The cartoon was was not supposed to be funny....the intention was to illustrate CONTEMPT.

Asst. Chief Bill
                Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Comment

I got here a little late and couldn't see the pic. Someone wanna let me in?

Comment

Hey smokeeater95, I didn't see it either. But what year is that Sutphen at the South Ave. station? (I just caught a glance, I think it's a Sutphen...pretty truck.)

Comment

Guys, I believe I am familiar with the "comic strip" that was originally posted here. I believe the purpose was to take a shot at those responsible for the senseless deaths of our brothers & sisters in WA. I first saw the picture on the web site of talk radio host Neal Boortz. On his Friday show he devoted a large chunk of time to denouncing the policies that led to this tragedy and showed fantastic support for these fallen heroes. If anyone would like to see this picture it may still be available at www.boortz.com under the program notes section.

Comment

So that is the guy that is responsible for the most tasteless, disrespectful and appalling cartoon I have ever seen.

Sorry to KillerB if any off us blamed you for this atrocity.

For those that did not see it, visit the website above and go to the daily programming notes. I am going to calm down and then write him a note or two. If anyone else would like to, please do so.

These are just my opinions.
                        "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

firefighter26 -

Feel free to write Mr. Boortz, but he's not the one who drew the cartoon. But if it will make you feel better, please go ahead.

Just remember - political cartoons are meant to illustrate reality with absurdity. Just because it offends you doesn't necessarily mean it should be censored - in fact, if it offends or angers people, it's probably a good political cartoon. A lot of us on here actually agree with the sentiment that the cartoonist was going for - that environmentalism at its heart is amoral, anti-human, and anti-social, and its manifestation, the Endangered Species Act, led to the deaths of those four firefighters.

I don't find the cartoon offensive at all. What I find offensive is people who hold fish in higher regard than they do people. Now if that's not offensive, I don't know what is.

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: BucksEng91 ]
                          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Did any of you sensitive little fellas write the NAACCCP when they ran the comercial blaming Bush for James Birds death?

No!?

Man that was way worse than this, why not?

Here's the pic for those that didn't see it...

Get as ****ed as you want at me.

It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

So that is the guy that is responsible for the most tasteless, disrespectful and appalling cartoon I have ever seen.

No, the guys that b uy votes with enviro regs are the ones responsible.
                              It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X