This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N5 New Yorker riding high help???

For all of the fellow Leather Heads on the forums, I need some help here.

I have an older N5 New Yorker, that I purchased around 1990 or so. Anyhow, it came with Bourkes and a Ratchet, however, I am not a ratchet person, so I took that out.

Its time to have the leather ride lower on my head. I have tried and tried adjusting it, and had no changes. All other leathers i have tried on (friends etc), they all sit lower on my head.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Take Care and Be Safe
    John Williams
    NRFF1
    City of Clairton
    Fire / EMS

E-Mail me.

Comment

Done!
      John Williams
      NRFF1
      City of Clairton
      Fire / EMS

Comment

scene
        look at the suspention it should be adjustable. look around the rim where the suspention is mounts to the shell the straps should pull from eather direction to raise or lower the ride height, or maybe it is to small to fit on your head properly ,but if it came with a ratchet then the 5 way suspention can be adjusted. that is if it was new and did not have the sraps altered in some way.If this does not work give MSA a call at 1-877-msa-fire they will be able to tell you any thing you want to know about your LID, without putting you in some risk buy doing some shotty backroom altering. The newer models are fully adjustable to a certin extream they do come in three sizes though. hope this helps
        wsfiremn
        Member IACOJ
        FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
        Double Duece
        PROUD MEMBER
        FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola