X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVFD32
    replied
    Well I use a peavy studio chours twin speaker amp. I't's good and you can plug it into your pa if you need bigger sound!!

Leave a comment:

• ENG 6511
    replied
    I play Jazz on Selmer Mark VI alto and soprano saxes that I bought in 1963. Started playing in 1943. Took up and still play Gretsch Drums I bought in 1968. All play better then anything else I've tried since.

Leave a comment:

• killerb
    replied
    Scene25 -

A feedback destroyer. Set up the PA, crank it up in increments with open mics. It acts like an automatic graphic equalizer, kills the feedback freqs as they happen, notches and stores about 24 frequencies. Costs around $200 and well worth it.

Also, use the 15s for subs and get a set of decent mains if you can afford it. Something with 12s or 10s.

Well...

I finally broke down, and bought a PA System. Actually, my brother and I bought it. 1000 watt / 12 channel, 2 15"ers.

My question to the guitar posters...

What would you purchase along with the PA System for better sound in smaller clubs etc?

Leave a comment:

• FD55
    replied
    I'm a drummer. I play some of everything. Jazz, rock, whatever I feel like at that time. My favorite is rock. I played in school, and have an old pearl set but I don't have much time to play anymore.

Leave a comment:

• gvfdfirefighter
    replied
    Well, I was actually a brass player and vocalist in high school. Played trombone, baritone, and some tuba. I actually still play once a year. The college here holds a benifit concert for the fire department once a year. It's our biggest fund raiser. And every year, the bottom six firefighters get up in their bunkers and play a siren, bell, and some other fun things as the college band plays Arthur Fiedler's "Third Alarm March." And those of us on the department who play a real instrument get up there too and make fools out of our self. Great way to show the community what your really made of!!

Stay safe
    O.L. FF/EMT G.V.F.D.

Leave a comment:

• chuxter
    replied
    Count me in for guitar as well. I have a Martin D12-28, a Shelby accoustic, Sigma accoustic, and a Strat. I like to play anything people will sing along with. I strum along okay but my only real talent is I remember most of the words.

Never met a campfire I didn't like.

Leave a comment:

• HVFD32
    replied
    Musical Firefighter

Well Let me tell you! I started playing gutiar when just a kid. I played semi-professionally for about 4 years as a tenager. I played professionally for 15 years plus, then retired from the industry. It is a hard way to make a living!! I was lead singer, and rythm/lead gutiar.

I now just lay for myself. Like any kind of music, with the exception of opera, and rap!

A firefighter's band might be in order!

HVFD32

Leave a comment:

• Medic162
    replied
    What a great idea for a post! I'm a huge fan of jazz (probably will lose a few with listing my favorite performers, but here goes it)...
    Since music is my only true "vice", I've spent a ridiculous amount of $$$ over the years on equipment - this statement per my wife! I'm a bassist and my main instrument is a Yamaha TRB6-six string bass which I run through a SWR SM400S tube head into a BagEnd 2X10 cabinet. The setup is small but unbelievably powerful. Don't really mess around with signal processors much, but a touch of chorus sounds nice. I play stuff along the lines of Chick Corea, Lee Ritenour, The Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra, FourPlay, and any other high energy jazz music. Years ago, it was Rush, Van Halen and the typical top 40 tunes. I actually played in jazz band in high school, and did a small venue club tour before joining the Air Force in 1986.

Leave a comment:

• Scene25
    replied
    Re: Well...

Originally posted by Scene25
    I finally broke down, and bought a PA System. Actually, my brother and I bought it. 1000 watt / 12 channel, 2 15"ers.

What would you purchase along with the PA System for better sound in smaller clubs etc?

Leave a comment:

• Scene25
    replied
    Well...

Leave a comment:

• killerb
    replied
    Gibsons ROAR, man.

Now all you need is a Fender Twin Reverb.

And a few chops.

Leave a comment:

• firefighter15_wv
    replied
    I got my dream guitar today. This is the guitar I have wanted since I started playing. Yep, I got my Gibson Explorer, that thing is nice. It has a great feel, tone, and sustain that is unreal, I love it. But i didn't get the Digitech effects processor like I originally wanted however, i did get the ZOOM 505II. That thing is sweet, it has 33 different effects, 4 amp modeling sounds, and a built in tuner. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Leave a comment:

• WebTeam
    replied
    We'll just throw this one out there...

As we just happened to be surfing the boards, one of our new live in members, who has won national championships, is playing a harp in our dayroom....not a bad way to relax before evening housework. She's a paramedic student at George Washington University, in Washington, D.C.

WebTeam

Leave a comment:

• huff317
    replied
    Well, since singing does matter, count me in. I try NOT to sound like whoever did the song originally, and have great success at that! Do a little singing with the church choir/cantata, some solo, and whatever drama production they put on--guess that makes me a "ham", not that anybody who knows me would disagree there!
    Anybody know of any "Firehouse quartets" out there? I did say 'quartets', not quints!

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: huff317 ]

Leave a comment:

• killerb
    replied
    Captain Gonzo -

You are correct, sir.

I used the Korg by itself for a while. It has fairly decent organ sounds for a synth. Then one of the other guys in the band came up with an old Leslie 122, so I bought a Trek pre-amp. NOT TOO SHABBY -- Korg through the 122.

Then I found out a guy I work with rents B3s and Leslies on the side. He's got three B3's and seven Leslies.

He's a great guy - when we play, he drags that heavy ol' B3 out to the gig, brings another 122 and the dual cable to drive both of them. And he only charges me 20 bucks. Heck, if I owned it, I'd PAY somebody 20 bucks just to unload it and load it. Not too many local bands draggin' them around any more.

If some of you people don't know what we're talking about, when you hear a song and you think "boy that organ sounds good", it's probably a B3 through a Leslie cabinet.

I'm here to testify...NOTHING sounds like a Hammond except a Hammond.

Asst. Chief Bill

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X